Car Hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Hop

Is anyone familiar with the auto company Car Hop. I'm pretty sure that the interest rates are way too high but I thought I'd ask.
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

The only thing that I can say about "buy here, pay here" places, is caveat emptor (buyer beware). A certain, shall I say, sleaziness comes with the territory. Don't worry about them being BBB Accredited. That just means that they are licensed and may not actually be in compliance with local licensing requirements.

Anyhow, why are you considering such a place as CarHop?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

WELL cause they state, bad credit ok, bankrupcy ok....since I will be filing chapter 13 in the next week and have a previous chapter 7 I am looking ahead. Since I don't have any money for a actual car note this may be a problem! I don't know if your income goes up if you can have the option of paying a car note if it truly is needed to get to work rather than have your DMI go up. I'll have to ask my attorney. I am trying to save at least $100 from each check so when I do file I have at least 500-600 saved in case my car breaks I'll have a cushion to fix it. I'm not too worried as I can get to work on the bus though it's 3 hours of travel time rather than 1 at least I have that option. I guess if I had to I could take a cab to the grocery store once a month. I'm just projecting and probably worrying way too much about it!
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X