OMG is this true??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG is this true??

Well I got my discharge and I have been shopping for a car. I surrendered my car in the bankruptcy and they have yet to pick it up. The bank Santander has already cleared this on my credit report and the old loan is reporting "included in bankruptcy." The dealorship I went to today told me I need to buy a car ASAP because once they pick up the car they will open another file on my credit report and report it as open because they have to sell the car at auction and the remianing balance will be reported on my credit report and it will make it harder for me to buy a car in the future? Is this true? What was the point of me filing bankruptcy and including my car in it? HELP!!

Gotta love car salesmen. The damage to your credit is done and gone. Buy a car when ya want, don't buy from people willing to outright lie to you.
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Thank you DebtEnder! I thought it sounded strange for the bank to put the car back on my credit report.... BOOOO to the car salesman....

Comment

I would go to a different dealer, if I were you. Or at least ask for a different salesperson who isn't using scare tactics by lying through his/her teeth to get a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Rozi View Post
          The dealorship I went to today told me I need to buy a car ASAP because once they pick up the car they will open another file on my credit report and report it as open because they have to sell the car at auction and the remianing balance will be reported on my credit report and it will make it harder for me to buy a car in the future? Is this true? What was the point of me filing bankruptcy and including my car in it? HELP!!
          The guy who told you that story should be charged with attempted fraud. Seriously. I understand that they are in business to sell cars but this crap goes too far!
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Given the general publics' knowledge about BK (myself included prior to finding this forum) it would not surprise me if that salesman could striaght line a lie detector machine. It is quite possible he thought he was telling the truth. I still wouldn't go back to him. What else is he ignorant on and passing on to others?
            Lawyer - $3000
            Filing fee - $299
            Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X