Mortgage Missing From Reporting Agencies After BK13/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Missing From Reporting Agencies After BK13/7

I filed BK13 back in 2009 hoping to retain my home. Circumstances forced me to convert to 7 a few years later but thanks/no thanks to financial improprieties by my original loan broker and servicer, I was able to stay in the home while I fought to have my loan refinanced. Long story short, my loan, after being sold and resold, was finally refinanced and all is good, including a current credit score in the low 800's. Now for the kicker, my mortgage, which I've been paying on without fail for years since exiting BK in 2015 or so, does not appear on any credit report. Is this normal or is my case unusual? With my credit score where it is I'm not overly concerned, except that I am taking a hit for not having a mortgage loan. I tried to apply for a refi and was denied because there was no record of my having a mortgage. Should I let sleeping dogs lie or correct this? Thanks in advance!

If you included that mortgage in bankruptcy, it would not report. If you're in the 800s I would not touch anything.

If you're trying to refinance, then you may need to have your bank do this manually. Most of the systems look at your credit report to find a mortgage loan and if they don't see one, they deny it. I had the same thing with a vehicle refinance, since it wasn't reporting.

You could always ask your existing mortgage lender to start reporting. They will usually send you forms to sign.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

If I ask them to begin reporting will the report indicate the bk (along with the recent years of timely payments) or will the clock start anew? Also, what about older mortgages pre bk that also don’t appear? Why don’t they show up? Again, thanks.

Comment

I don't know why things have fallen off your report. I don't know what would happen if your lender started reporting again.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X