After BK , wait two years and then....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After BK , wait two years and then....

I am wondering what kind of APR% rate did you get after waiting the 24 month period and going out to buy a house??

Thanks

I filed in 11/06, discharged in 2/07. I just refinanced my mortgage at 95% LTV for 6.875%. That's 2% better than I got when I bought my house and had no credit issues at the time. The loan went through Bank of America, but they're closing their doors at the end of this year.

Comment

thanks for the encouragement freshstart I'm in the middle of my "househunt" as we speak! I got started a few weeks ago and had to stop due to a family trip. I'm working with a Loan Officer at Wells Fargo and the rate is looking to be in about that range.......I have gotten discourgement from many people in my life saying "no way with a BK!" I say "yes way" and Wells Fargo seems very willing. So I am back on it after the holidays. I don't want to make an offer until we get full approval status.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Ray View Post
        I am wondering what kind of APR% rate did you get after waiting the 24 month period and going out to buy a house??

Thanks
        24 mos post-filing, 6.5% no-cost refi into a 30 yr fixed. Purchase would have been even lower APR.

You're basically prime at that point. (FNMA conforming)

Best of luck,
        snb

Comment

Great to know I can buy a house after we file and are discharged.

Comment

I just purchased a home after 2/06 discharge and found
            1)no FHA until 3 years post discharge
            2)credit score determines conv APR...680+best rate @6.25%
            mine at +-650 and I got 6.875%
            3)at least 5% down on all conv loans (ohio-declining mrkt)

I was also told that FHA requires 3 years after sell of first FHA home(if included in bankruptcy or foreclosed), but everyone told me differently- I wasn't 3 yrs out from discharge to even see which was accurate

Comment

if you file a bk that does not involve an fha loan then u can do fha at 2 yrs....actually even a little before if you find a lender willing to ask for the override.

I think in your situation the problem was that you weren't 3 years out from your fha which was included in your bk.
              Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X