top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Discharge-Moving out-Advice/Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Discharge-Moving out-Advice/Options?

I just received my discharge today from my bk 7. I was laid off of work for 5 months and just last week accepted a job out-of-state and will be moving out of my house in two weeks on 2/3/09 to an apartment. I originally signed a reaffirmation agreement with the mortgage lender, but rescinded the agreement before discharge, therefore including the house with the bk 7. Need advice and thoughts: Should I a) just walk away and not think about the house again and let lender foreclose or b) find a renter and rent it out after refinancing to gain liability back or c) try to do a short sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure ???? Currently, I am only 1 almost 2 months behind on mortgage. I tried to talk to a non-profit counselor about the process and advice and as soon as I said I was moving they didn't want to talk, because it has to be your primary residence for them to help. Any advice/guidance is appreciated, please get back to me as soon as possible.

Walk away. Do not do a short sale as it is not in your best interest since you have surrendered the property in BK. I also would not mess with a tenant. If you were staying in the area I would say stay in the house until the final judgement is issued - thereby giving you more time to save up a cash reserve. But, since you are not staying in the area, just leave the house "broom clean" and locked up for the bank.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X