Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fannie Mac update 10/6

Fannie Mae/ Freddie Mac
    So I just spoke to 2 different lenders regarding a conventional mortgage....

You now must wait 7 years after a foreclosure to qualify for a new conventional.... 7 years....
    Last edited by SubPrimeME; 10-20-2010, 12:26 PM.
    Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
    Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

Wow.....if that is true.......yikes. Just more incentive to get a short sale done.
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

I'm checking fannie mae and mac to see if there are new guidelines, I will reply if I find any.

Comment

Spoke to another lender and they said 4 years.... so who knows, it must be up to the banks....

Comment

trust me...( LOL!! i'm sure you've heard that before)....with as many homeowners going under...things will be changing in the future for certain.

right now the banks are holding so tight they are busting....no one is getting a penny and they want to discourage as many as possible.

but after that cute little incentive for first time buyers the banks are going to eventually realize there is NO ONE to lend to???

how many homes are foreclosed in this country today????? i'm not exactly certain on the number, but we all know that number is at historical record highs....so after the banks tap out the first time buyers and there will always be a few...what about the millions trying to lick their wounds and start over...the banks are going to HAVE to take notice at some time...or lag behind in lending and making themselves some money....one could think....
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
            trust me...( LOL!! i'm sure you've heard that before)....with as many homeowners going under...things will be changing in the future for certain.

right now the banks are holding so tight they are busting....no one is getting a penny and they want to discourage as many as possible.

but after that cute little incentive for first time buyers the banks are going to eventually realize there is NO ONE to lend to???

how many homes are foreclosed in this country today????? i'm not exactly certain on the number, but we all know that number is at historical record highs....so after the banks tap out the first time buyers and there will always be a few...what about the millions trying to lick their wounds and start over...the banks are going to HAVE to take notice at some time...or lag behind in lending and making themselves some money....one could think....
            Just for fun I called aimloan.com and they are saying 48mos after the BK, the foreclosure didn't matter.

So I think the moral of the story is that it is all up to the lender, and that you must work through them to find one willing to work with your profile. Maybe by the time I'm ready to purchase again, I will just write a check.

Comment

Originally posted by SubPrimeME View Post
              Just for fun I called aimloan.com and they are saying 48mos after the BK, the foreclosure didn't matter.

So I think the moral of the story is that it is all up to the lender, and that you must work through them to find one willing to work with your profile. Maybe by the time I'm ready to purchase again, I will just write a check.
              LOL!! so it changed from the time this thread began until now...how funny is that??? and me too...i hope to be able to buy again at some point.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                LOL!! so it changed from the time this thread began until now...how funny is that??? and me too...i hope to be able to buy again at some point.
                I don't think it changed, I just don't think the first person you talk to at most of these places has a clue.... Which they are going to need to, because those of us that had this shiz go down in 08' are about to come out of the woodwork.

Comment

Freddie's changes became effective this month, as far as I know, Fannie is still at 48 months.

Comment

I was wrong, Fannie is at 7 years now unless you can document extenuating circumstances.

Comment

Keep in mind, this is for conventional financing which requires a higher down payment. No on is doing conventional financing, it's pretty much all FHA right now which is still 2 years post BK and 3 year post foreclosure/short sale.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                        Keep in mind, this is for conventional financing which requires a higher down payment. No on is doing conventional financing, it's pretty much all FHA right now which is still 2 years post BK and 3 year post foreclosure/short sale.

Thanks for adding some sunshine to the thread!

Comment

Bank of America told me 2 years after discharge.
                          My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

The two years after discharge is for FHA, which Bank of America offers. Also, keep in mind that the 2 years starts from the month following the discharge, so if you are discharged in Dec of 2010 you won't get an approval until Jan of 2013. (This may not apply to a manual underwrite)

Comment

Thank You Sunshine Gal That is good to hear. What I plan to do is take any extra income and try to pay down my second mortgage over that period of time so that when we do refinance we can hopefully drop the payment down a bit. I am fine with two years, besides we are in a great situation since we didn't reaffirm. Heck, I might not be interested in refinancing it at all and just pay extra each month and during tax season when we get our return. I wouldn't even care about my credit rating or re building credit if it wasn't for being charged more by car insurance companies due to bad credit. (sigh).... Anyway, thanks for sharing that.
                              My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X