top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend a bank that will finance a mortgage for me - Ch 13 Discharged 8 months ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a bank that will finance a mortgage for me - Ch 13 Discharged 8 months ago

I made it through my 3-year plan of my Chapter 13 - paid it off early and was discharged in Nov '10. Now, I've sold my house and have a new house under contract - I was pre-approved through American Federal Mortgage out of NJ. I fully disclosed the Chapter 13, send an explanation letter along, etc. Now that it's time to lock in my rate and get approval, they've denied me based on the Chapter 13. Their policy is to lend until 2 years after discharge. I've contact several banks, many of them have similar policies.

Wells-Fargo said they can help me at the 1-year mark, but my house is sold - closing in a month and wife and family love the new house - so I'm looking for a way.

I'd like to know if anyone can recommend a bank that they've had success with getting a mortgage after their discharge - or any other advice.

Thanks

I don't think it can be done this early. I'd look for seller financing.

Comment

I agree w/Logan, don't think it's possible but then nothing surprises me these days.

One question, since you say you were pre=approved, did you attempt to talk to anyone higher up in the company? Not sure why they would pre-approve and then deny, think I would go higher on the off chance they might reconsider.

Wishing you luck with this for sure!!!!
      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
      341 5/23/11
      DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X