Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking away and buying new home!

Hello all,

File Chapter 7 in 2006 and was discharged in 2007. Didn't reafirmed any of my two mortgages and they show discharged in BK 7 in 2007.
    I'm underwater with a 7.2 interest rate and bank said I did not qualify for a modification.
    My credit is good. I want to walk away and buy a new home but need to save it up for an FHA down payment in a new home. I will stay in the home after stoping payments to save up.
    My name and wife's still on the deed but I only used my credit to purchase the home and I was the only one filling for chapter 7.
    I've applied for a mortgage with a company and they asked me if I deeded out of the property included in BK.
    I was wondering if there will a problem getting a mortgage before they forclose my home and if the bank that ownes my home will come after my wife after we walk away.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

This issue is discussed often in the Mortgage after BK Forum: http://www.bkforum.com/forumdisplay....tgage-after-BK

There is some good information in recent posts in the FHA Guidelines stickie.

ETA: You posted in the Chap 13 forum and you don't apear to have filed a Chap 13. I'm going to move your thread.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Ok sorry and thanks!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X