We got a house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got a house!

We closed last week on a new house. It is a 1400 sq ft ranch home on 4 acres on top of a hill in the middle of a 100 acre farm. We have woods in front of us, and corn fields behind us. Having lived in town with neighbors and noise all around us, it is a welcome change! We just got finished moving, and so far are loving it, it is smaller and more modest than wwhat we owned before, but it is more than we need with our new downsized lifestyle. We had aproached the realtor who had the home listed a couple months ago about owner financing. Initially owners balked, but seeing as they were anxious to move out of area, we finally worked out deal. We actually had a contract done thru an attorney with our name recorded on deed. We are happy with the details of the owner financing, however still hope to get a traditional mortgage as soon as possible. We have spent the last year looking, driving, calling, and e-mailiing, this home we found has made it worth the effort!

Congratulations!!! It sounds charming.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

congrats!!!! we did the same thing! it worked our well with owner financing, but they are far and few between to find a good one!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations to you! Thanks for posting your experience : )

Comment

This my DREAM house.
            Sounds wonderful!! Congratulations on your new home and new life.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
                This my DREAM house.
                Sounds wonderful!! Congratulations on your new home and new life.
                Mine too, thanks for the comments. We do plan on adding on a room or so later. The great thing about rural areas in this house was $97000, this home in other areas could have been twice the price. We previously owned a new home in a upscale subdivision on a 1/4 acre lot that was rammed right up against the neigbors that was $300,000! I am more excited about this house than that new house, crazy I know! All the neighbors are farmers who already are offering us free porduce, how cool is that, they also watch every car that goes down the ride to see what they are doing, a country neighborhood watch, lol!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X