No announcement yet.

Waiting time after bk 7 on a Fha loan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm feeling your pain right now, I'm still waiting on NavyFed to see what they say. I have my banking and a car loan with them so hopefully can work something out. I Just need something bigger now with a new baby. I used my deployment money on paying off 1 car and some savings but not 20% of what im wanting. Yes, let me know what lender you used if it works out. Well good news is that im leaving Afghanistan tomorrow after a year tour.
    Last edited by ironpirate; 01-09-2013, 10:45 AM.
    Filed Ch 7 8/12/10
    341 Meeting 9/15/10
    Discharged 11/15/10

Comment

damn, got denied by NFCU too, wtf, haha. Think I'll try quicken and if not talk to wells fargo about refinancing the house. hmmm
      Filed Ch 7 8/12/10
      341 Meeting 9/15/10
      Discharged 11/15/10

Comment

great about you leaving Afghanistan tomorrow...and thank you for your service.

come on now...if they don't give our people in service loans what the heck is going on???

sorry about your denial, hate to say i kind of knew it would happen as been there done that, but not everyone is refused we have see a few.

the odd thing about those far and few between that were successful, is it seemed as tho they just came to the site to announce they got approved, but the few i'm thinking about never posted much. just guess what...i got a home!! so i have my suspicions about those situations. not saying they can't be true, i just don't think we know the entire sorry.

thing is ironpirate, you can't get discouraged, all of this shall pass and live will continue. find the good, there some under a rock here and there. these are trying times for even those with excellent credit. i personally, know of a few with excellent credit, incredibly large down payments, excellent long term jobs and income...and still got denied.

don't give up! it will happen, just maybe not today or tomorrow.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by ironpirate View Post
          damn, got denied by NFCU too, wtf, haha. Think I'll try quicken and if not talk to wells fargo about refinancing the house. hmmm
          I just applied with Navy ... I'd be more than interested to know why you were denied? Same reason as the other place?
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Yeah, Navy said because of the bankruptcy, seems that their stricter than most. I just applied with quicken loans and I'll see how that goes. Hopefully better luck with them.
            Filed Ch 7 8/12/10
            341 Meeting 9/15/10
            Discharged 11/15/10

Comment

Yeah, Navy said because of the bankruptcy, seems that their stricter than most. I just applied with quicken loans and I'll see how that goes. Hopefully better luck with them.

i know quicken told me 2 years after the bk or foreclosure. but that was about 2 years ago. i have heard they are even better to work with now, but don't know first hand. i just hope they can help you.

if NOT i would go directly to the VET admin. get ONE of them to help you. we are thinking about that also when and if we buy again.

we are counting the months since we brought this house...i think 7-10 months more worth of payments and this house is paid OFF!!!!! even tho it was owner financed, i hope ti may help if we need a bank mortgage in the future. who knows?

we already decided if it's a hassle since we own this one, we will just rent somewhere else for our second residence. that might even be better for a few reasons instead of having the head aches of another house. we are already landlords and hate it, but we will be good tenants.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Sorry can you be more specific? They denied you just because you had a BK at all or because of the amount of time since or because of the home that was included in your BK? I haven't heard back from them yet and I'm wondering if I will be denied as well. Also, which type of loan were you going for at Navy?
                BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X