Looking at future plans to buy home after BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at future plans to buy home after BK

This is my first post on here after almost 3 months of browsing and gaining information to better understand the BK process and home/car buying experiences.

I was discharged June 7 2013 and have started the process of rebuilding credit for my wife and I. I requested a Capitol One CC and was approved immediately for $300, and wife had a $50 deposit with $200 limit from Capitol One.

I work and have income of around $85,000/year and wife stays home with the kids. I did forclose on our old home since we did a Home Loan Modification and was denied in error and was told I had to pay about $13,000 since my modification didn't get accepted after paying on it for over a year. We decided to forclose and moved out of state shortly after for my job.

Long story short we are looking to buy our next home hopefully 2 years or less from discharge and start over again. I am saving about $15k to $20k per year for a down payment on our next home. Both our vehicles are newer and paid off (feels good to not have payments) and get things on track. All the posts and feedback from this website gives us hope since filing was never planned or liked by us. I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel and credit scores look to be ok after I make some calls and get some things squared away. Just saying thank you to this board and we will continue to update all on our success and life experiences after BK

I don't see any issues at all once your bankruptcy seasons some more. Maybe in July 2016, you could attempt an FHA loan. FHA has recently relaxed some rules, but you would still need at least 1 year seasoning.

Save, save, save. You are on the right track.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X