top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can not buy a home until 3 yrs after the property was no longer in my name in c 7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can not buy a home until 3 yrs after the property was no longer in my name in c 7.

I was discharged in july 2011. filed chapt 7 and went through a divorce. We did not reaffirm our house but continued to pay (we got behind toward the end) and sold it and pay it off in full. So now I'm trying to buy a new house. The mortgage companies are telling me that I can not buy until the property is out of my name for 3 years. Is there any way around this. I know we filed it but we also paid it off in full. The bank got all their money. Thanks,

If you paid in full, you should only be subject to BK seasoning.......check with the mortgage people you applied with to see if they can give you the code the old mortgage company might have used or why you have to wait. Only thing they can report after BK is "included in BK", not your late payments. Why is the question..........

Comment

You need to shop the loan. I highly recommend you find a broker. Start with the guys at Zillow Mortgages. That website will allow you to price out loans and then it will give you a list of brokers that, based on your input, could finance your loan.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X