Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

refinance after mortgage

Hi,

has anyone here been able to a refinance on their home without a reaffirmation. I've been getting offers from my mortgage lender for a refinance, cash out refinance and even a heloc. I just don't want to apply and knowing the end result will be a denial. I've also paid my mortgage on time since by ch 7 discharge in 2012. I've heard stories that you have to go back to court to reopen your case to reaffirm and I don't want to do that or because I didn't reaffirm no lender will even give you a chance. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm in the process of refinancing. We were discharged 10/2012, didn't reaffirm mortgage. I would assume by refinancing that creates and new loan, so in essence would have reaffirmed by refinancing? If that makes sense. Hopefully will know soon if we can or not. Will try to remember to post here if it goes through.

Good luck!

Comment

You should not have to reaffirm to refinance. In fact, if it is your current lender who is offerring to refi, and you are in a recourse state, the lender should prefer to have you refi so that you can't so easily walk away.

I am pretty sure you can't reopen a case to reaffirm a debt. A reaffirmation agreement must be entered into before discharge.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X