Issue with credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with credit report

Our Ch 7 bk was discharged in Dec 2012. I've been looking at our credit reports and I notice that it lists our mortgage and our home equity loan as being discharged in bankruptcy. However, we still have our home and we're still paying both debts. I've registered a dispute with the credit reporting agency, but it's still there. The response I received say's "Outcome:Remains."

What do we need to do to correct this?

Thanks!

We were discharge in August. I ran our credit reports and found same thing 1st showing as discharged. I called our mortgage company directly and they were so helpful. Wanted to know all the agencies we pulled reports from and advised they would respond back in writing. Less than 2 weeks we got response back from them. They are advising all 4 credit agencies to report our mortgage history and payments. Advised it can take 30 days before may be visable. Our first is with Wells Fargo. Statements had noted we were in chap 13 and had a direct number to bankrupty department. Check your statement. Should have phone number to call them.
    Filed ch 13 03/2012. Final payment made 03/2015. Discharged 8/04/15!!!

Comment

If the loans existed on the date you filed and you did not reaffirm them, then they were discharged in bankruptcy. The fact that you choose to pay them in order to keep the home does not change the fact that your personal liability to pay the loans has been discharged. The reporting on your credit report is correct, unless you reaffirmed the loans.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X