I was discharged from chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was discharged from chapter 7

I am just wondering if anyone has 700 plus credit scores after filing ch7 and if this is even possible. I am not even sure where to begin rebuild so just gathering information.

It is certainly possible withing two (2) years of filing. It truly depends on what your credit looked like BEFORE you filed. Based on my experience, if your credit was in the 700s before filing and you never missed a payment, you could be back in the low 700s within 6 months.

Remember, your credit is mostly based on your payment history with the creditors. If it was horrendous before filing, it will be a little better afterwards (should at least bin in low 600s), but it's not going to magically be in the 700s. You need good, old, solid payment history that survives the bankruptcy. I had two Amex accounts from the 1990s that were on my report (not included in bankruptcy), so I bounced back into the high 600s within 6 months.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I’ve heard of people filing and getting their score back up to 700’s fairly quickly. I’ve never heard of someone being discharged and still having a 700 credit score. It takes a short amount of time for some people and a lot of time for others. My credit was so bad that my score actually went way up after being discharged. I guess it just depends on the individual. I’m not in the 700’s but I don’t think it would take more than 9 months to get there.

Comment

We got our discharge earlier this week.My scores are in the mid 500’s but for some reason my wife’s are low 700’s.Im guessing hers will drop once our scores settle.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X