Chase Credit Card after settlement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase Credit Card after settlement?

During my CH7 back in 2015, I had it dismissed and made settlements with all of my creditors. Chase informed me that if I settle with them, I will never be eligible for a chase credit card ever again. I had no choice so I went for it.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with them as far as if this is true, and if there's a way to repair that relationship and get credit through them or if they really mean "forever"? I actually bank with them (checking and savings) and have always had a positive bank account history, money in the bank, direct deposit, etc.. I tried to get info at the branch but they said was I can try to apply and see what happens. I don't want to waste an inquiry on that.

I was going to suggest you try applying for a secured credit card through Chase, but oops, they don't offer one. I'm actually surprised, as far as I can tell, pretty much every other major bank offers them.

I suppose your other option would be to change banks; I'd been banking with Bank of America for many years, and when they denied me a Secured credit card, I promptly went out and opened up checking and savings accounts at my current bank, then applied for their version of a Secured credit card, and moved all of my money out of BofA.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X