Trustee made late payments that show up on credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee made late payments that show up on credit report

Today I transmitted the final payment on our Chapter 13 to the Trustee. We are expecting our discharge to occur this month. I'm preparing to start repairing our credit, so I grabbed a copy of our credit reports to review.

I noticed that a few of our creditors were reporting late payments, even though we had no control over the timing of the payments. The Trustee was controlling how and when they were being paid.

The accounts will be paid in full and closed, but they are scattered with multiple 30 day late reports over the 5 years.

Has anyone had this issue before, and if so what options do we have?

Thanks!

Hi..congratulations for reaching the end of your plan. I’m surprised about what you’ve written about late payments as payments shouldn’t have been reporting since you filed. I think you should contact the credit reporting agencies and mark the instances as incorrect because the accounts were in bankruptcy and should not have been shown as having late payments. Good luck going forward. We’ll see if anyone else has anything different to say. Did you by chance make late payments on the accounts prior to filing? If so, that may explain what you’re seeing.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X