Lexis returned no data on me after my request to delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexis returned no data on me after my request to delete

I requested my info from Lexis. I also requested a delete. This is what i got:

I got back from the mailbox and got my copy. Guess how big mine was. 2 pages! It said:

"Thank you for contacting Lexis...We are unable to process your request at this time.

LexisNexis has conducted a search of its databases based on the information provided to us, but was unable to locate a file sufficiently matching your data. If you have any documentation showing there may in fact be a file in our systems on you, please provide a copy of the information to us and we will be happy to conduct additional research.

If you have any further questions..blah blah"

I provided all the identifying info they needed (name, address, social, license). But they say they have nothing on me.

The next package said they got my request to delete info under California Consumer Privacy act request. It said:

"Thank you for contacting us...We have processed your request and please note certain info may not be subject to an opt-out or deletion request."

Then it asks me to fill out another form to get back the additional info on my request.

So the way i read it, it says 'yeah we tried to search for you in one database but came up short. but we cant delete you from other databases...cause WE SOLD YOUR DATA ALREADY AND ITS NOT IN OUR HANDS'.

No details about WHAT databases and WHAT info specifically. Which was the whole point of the request to know specific WHAT not 'yeah we dun deleted'

Its a joke. Data cant be just 'deleted'. Especially not with services whose business has been to share data from the beginning.

Furthermore, this is a one time delete request not a 'do not store any info on me in the future'. The data pump and pipeline connections still exist, this is just saying 'delete the cache', and then they reload the page and its all full again. (supposedly 'opting out' would stop this)
    Last edited by bornfree2; 05-03-2021, 05:55 PM.

The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) does not cover, supersede, or affect the FCRA and FDCPA federal laws. It only covers information that you provided to the credit bureau. Information received from a furnisher, as defined in the FCRA, is not subject to any provision of the California CCPA.

If you read the CCPA it actually reads, specifically, that it exempt certain business regulated by other laws (e.g. Federal law). This includes most financial institutions, all businesses that fall under the FCRA, and even insurance companies.

Why would any business not look at the CCPA and say.. sorry, we're an FCRA consumer reporting company and we are exempt because we are bound by (a supreme) Federal law? This law was meant for other data collectors, such as Facebook, Instagram, and maybe your cellular phone company.

It was a nice try, though. I'm sure you didn't think it was a waste of time and just wanted to see what happened, but the law is clear both under the CCPA and Federal supremacy.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      It was a nice try, though. I'm sure you didn't think it was a waste of time and just wanted to see what happened, but the law is clear both under the CCPA and Federal supremacy.
      So what do make of the 'we dont have any data on you'? I should have gotten a full report on myself. Unless there is some other request form i didnt find. I used this one

I will call tomorrow to find out why i didnt get a full report. If they tell me 'well because you told us to delete it' , then i will ask what exactly was deleted and what wasnt. Im sure i wont get any real answers form the rep but it will open up new doors to explore.

If we can discharge debt, then we can discharge big data on ourselves. This sounds like a business service opportunity - like credit repair but more like data privacy spring cleaning.

Comment

That's the same one that I have used. I don't know why they did not find any information.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          That's the same one that I have used. I don't know why they did not find any information.
          Probably cause i submitted a delete request on another form before i did that one. The delete response is dated a day earlier than my report. Mistake on my end.

Im sure they just have an extra field in their file on me with 'deleted', and it just hides the data from returning when the consumer requests it. And then its business as usual.

Comment

This just happened to me. I shall call as well, but I think I'm going to send a nasty letter to CEO E-mails about how I am going to complain to the US Attorney General.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X