Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AU on Credit Cards

HELLO FAM

A few thoughts were on my mind, which I hope some people can help figure out.. so back story, I was discharged ch 7 on Nov 2019. I am trying to get my credit up so I can buy a house as soon as I hit my 2 year mark.. Therefore, I am trying to get that extra credit boost..

My brother recently added me as an authorized user on 2 of his account, (or tried i should say..) however it wasn't approved right away, like I was expecting it to be...

one card was AMEX the other was CITI. I never had AMEX but I did burn Citi in my BK..

Will this affect me at all in getting the cards as an AU? I hope I won't get denied... and AMEX, they seem stricter. . Will me having a BK on file automatically decline me as an AU?? The message for the AU said they will review my file and let me know in 14 days... sounds like a credit decision to me... *sigh*

Any insights into this will be very appreciated. Thank you!!

A BK doesn't necessarily cause a decline as an Authorized User (AU). So long as you didn't burn AMEX they will generally give you a card as an AU because they seem to have changed their policy on whether the cardholder or the account holder is responsible for payment of charges to each card. At least that has been my experience.

Even if you're an AU, you will need to obtain and maintain your own trade lines. This is because underwriting systems may seek to clarify those tradelines and the underwriter may decide to remove them from consideration.

They are great for helping built up credit. I used a couple of them myself post filing.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oh good to know!! I hope they approved me! I'm still waiting for a letter (or hopefully card) in the mail!!

&& yes!! thanks for the tips on the underwriting systems! I have my own cards as well, but wanted to test my luck just in case they do consider it!

Thanks so much for your input!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X