Unexpected Status on CR for Car Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected Status on CR for Car Loan

I've started to get notifications that EQ/TU/EX have slowly started to update all of the reported accounts as IIB or something similar. One thing I'm confused about is my car loan (held through Ally if that is relevant). The loan was not "included" in my filing and I have been making regular monthly payments on it throughout the course of my case. There are still 5 more payments due. The confusing part is what they list as to the status of this loan.

Experian says "debt included in or discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 13" and the account status is "closed"
    Transunion is still showing I'm in a "repayment plan"
    Equifax says "included in bankruptcy" and account status "closed"

Log into my Ally account - and it definitely shows the account is still open and with a balance due (in Maryland, Ally is allowed to show you your account, payment due dates, and invoices so long as you opt in).

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

That would be a normal account status. They are still bound by the automatic stay and will report the account as closed, included in bankruptcy, or in a Chapter 13 repayment plan.

You also learned something else. The codes used by the various credit reporting bureaus are different! This is probably why my Experian score is ALWAYS the lowest.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Glad that it is normal. I was just confused since the EX status was changed to that blurb after EX reflected my discharge (all my accounts updated to IIB or similar) whereas before, it displayed something like wage-earner or payment plan as the status.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X