top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just heard some news about Target Cards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just heard some news about Target Cards!

Apparently with Target, they not only keep raising your credit limit, but you WILL be switched over to a Target Visa eventually if you pay on time, and keep everything up to date.

Not sure when, or how much time has to pass, but I have been reading on it, and it seems they'll do this at one point or another, AND they'll keep raising those credit limits!
    BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Yeah thats just the thing. How long? Years? Maybe.

Comment

It probably has something to do with your spending habits also factored in.
      *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn View Post
        Yeah thats just the thing. How long? Years? Maybe.

I've heard anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. It just depends.

I will keep searching, and see if I can find more specific info.
        BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

they won't give me one and list the reason as "bankruptcy" anyone else get this??
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
            they won't give me one and list the reason as "bankruptcy" anyone else get this??
            Have you made sure your credit report is cleaned up and accurate?

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I have had my Target card($200.00) for a little over 6 months . Called on Saturday to request a credit line increase and was declined. They are going to sent me a letter stating why. I have used it monthy and paid in full each month.

Comment

Basically I wouldn't count on anything with Target. I got a Target Visa with a $700 CL last year...no CLIs to date, and nothing I do seems to move them to give me one.

On one of the other credit boards I read on a regular basis, I know of one person who had NO CLIs for 11 years with Target...then finally got one!

So my "redCard" is safely tucked away with my white gym socks (the clean ones, that is).

Comment

Originally posted by Bronte View Post
                  I have used it monthy and paid in full each month.
                  That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by sfbehr View Post
                    Basically I wouldn't count on anything with Target. I got a Target Visa with a $700 CL last year...no CLIs to date, and nothing I do seems to move them to give me one.

On one of the other credit boards I read on a regular basis, I know of one person who had NO CLIs for 11 years with Target...then finally got one!

So my "redCard" is safely tucked away with my white gym socks (the clean ones, that is).

So which is it? Do you have a Target Visa or a Target Red Card, because they are two completely different things?

Comment

Originally posted by sfbehr View Post

The Target card is excellent if you have to buy a lot of prescriptions. For every 5 (I think) Rx, you get a $10 gift card. That would be one a month for me so it will definitely be one I apply for.

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted View Post
                        So which is it? Do you have a Target Visa or a Target Red Card, because they are two completely different things?
                        I believe if you reread the passage you quoted, you'll see I said that I have a Target Visa. I've never had the Target store card.

From what I can tell, there seems to be no discernible pattern that leads to a Target CLI...truly a case of YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
                          This pisses me off...I get the SAME message!!!!!
                          My hubby's credit is lower than mine, and has MORE closed collection accounts on his credit. My rating is higher, I have 1 credit card, and hardly no inquiries, and I have a better over credit report, and the only reason they give me is my BK filing!!

I find that ironic..as my hubby was approved for the reg Target card and his name is night next to mine on our BK papers... .LOL

Comment

Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad

This morning I applied for both Wal-Mart & Target. I was denied for Wal-Mart, but was approved for the Target Red card. I'm not yet sure of my credit limit or which report they pulled. My scores are listed below if anyone is intersted. However, they may not help as it seems they approve people at random... much like Hooters. I don't think we will ever totally figure out what these creditors are looking for. I guess we just have to keep working on obtaining near-perfect credit, so we can be in the driver's seat some day.

Wal-Mart

Target

Now, I wish we had a Super Target instead of a Walmart Super Center. Our Target is old and small. Oh, well. Thank you Target!

Since our discharge, I have applied for three cards and got approved for two. I guess "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad".

BK7 Filed: 05/11/06, Discharged: 08/31/06, Closed: 09/14/06
                            03/07/07 TrueCredit: EQ 603, TU 591, EX 596
                            Credit: $1000 Hooters MC, $200 Target Red, $750 Victoria's Secret (Authorized User), $500 AirTran Visa
                            Denied: Wal-Mart, CareCredit, WaMu

Comment

Just an update. Both Target & Wal-Mart pulled TransUnion.

BK7 Filed: 05/11/06, Discharged: 08/31/06, Closed: 09/14/06
                              03/07/07 TrueCredit: EQ 603, TU 591, EX 596
                              Credit: $1000 Hooters MC, $200 Target Red, $750 Victoria's Secret (Authorized User), $500 AirTran Visa
                              Denied: Wal-Mart, CareCredit, WaMu

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X