top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used alternate credit reporting to rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used alternate credit reporting to rebuild?

There are companies like Microbilt Connect that are an alternative to the big 3 agencies who create a score based on reoccurring monthly payments to things like phone, internet, and utility bills. Has anyone used them before? Thoughts and experiences? Thanks!

I have not used them, however, my understanding is while such reporting models are gaining steam and may someday become viable, they are in their infancy and will be far less beneficial than say, obtaining a few credit cards, secured or not, and growing one's credit scores organically.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Thanks, shipo!

Comment

I've used them pre-BK and they do report. On my current MyFico report (ran yesterday) they're all showing OK. They're "Utility Selfreported", and two"Telecom Selfreported". I will note they're only showing on Experian (I think that's who I used). I wasn't aware there was another company doing this?

Comment

While Experian may show them, my guess is that is via Experian Boost, and boosted scores are almost universally ignored by lenders.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X