4 Credit Cards???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shipo View Post

Just to be clear, if you want to play the AZEO game, the one card showing a balance should be < 9% of the limit of that card (which obviously is a fraction of your total credit limit of all cards).
    Thanks for you and JustBroke clarifying it is <9% of that particular, individual card. I mistakenly thought it was of all the cards but only did that for one month.

Comment

I have been doing this correctly for a few months successfully. I have been trying to let a different card report the small balance which becomes a juggling game on which card to charge on and which card to pay. In May the card I let report was Chase credit card and I left a $50 balance on the due date after making a payment. Well that was in the middle of the month and on 5/30 I paid that balance off so not to incur unnecessary finance charge. Well Chase reported that payment on 5/31vto the credit bureaus (2 weeks after Chase normal reporting date) so that made all 3 credit card balances $0 and of course I get notices from Credit Karma and the bureaus that my credit score went down shortly afterwards. My lesson learned is to keep the balance until the next month next cycle.

Comment

To level set, it is easiest to pick just a single card (not Chase, more on this below), and let it report a small balance; there is no need or benefit to rotating cards.

Regarding Chase, they are a very poor choice to use for the reporting card as unlike most other lenders, Chase reports on A) the statements date, and B) whenever your balance hits zero.
        Chapter 13 (not 100%):
        • Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank cum Bank of Southern California
        • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
        • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
        • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
        • 60th Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
        • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
        • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X