Balance Date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balance Date?

I filed bankrutcy 4-2000. Going though my credit report I notice that the creditors are still reporting. Is this allowed?

PHP Code:

Equifax   

GMAC 
    Automobile  
                                INSTALLMENT       
     Account Number
    :    xxx 
     Ownership
    :            Individual      
     Date Open
    :            05-1998      
     Balance Date
    :         05-2006      
     Balance Amount
    :          

Monthly Payment:          

High/Limit:          

Account Status:     Included in Bankruptcy        
     Prior Delinquency
    :          

Past Due Amount:          

Account History:     Current      
     Comments
    :             Bankruptcy Chapter 7 
    Notice that my report says "Balance Date : 05-2006". I'm not sure if this is being reported correctly or not.

Honestly, even if it was inaccurate, it doesn't make any difference.

When did you pull your credit report?, depending on the type of credit report and who you got it from, all balance date means is the last time the creditor updated the account information with the credit reporting agency.

Otherwise, everthing else looks like it should. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Reporting Dates

I am having the same issue with several creditors who show correct information regarding bankruptcy, etc., but continue to report on occasion.

I have been told this hurts your credit scores because it indicates to new creditors, etc., that the bankruptcy happened very recently. Also since there does not exist an account with the creditor after the bankruptcy date, no reporting should be done period.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by down @ out View Post
        I am having the same issue with several creditors who show correct information regarding bankruptcy, etc., but continue to report on occasion.

I have been told this hurts your credit scores because it indicates to new creditors, etc., that the bankruptcy happened very recently. Also since there does not exist an account with the creditor after the bankruptcy date, no reporting should be done period.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
        Sorry, but you have been misinformed on both counts.
        1. The bankruptcy, itself, is reported in the public records section of your credit report, so creditors will know exactly when you filed.
        2. Remember, a credit report is your credit HISTORY...closing of accounts (by whatever means, bankruptcy, you closing it), does not extinguish the fact that you "HAD" the account, and that is the fact that is being reported. I don't have the exact number of years a closed account may be reported off the top of my head, but it is a rather long time. Moreover, it's "accurate" information.

Comment

as long that the balance they are reporting is "zero" then its fine. many of mine say that. they are basically updating your account with no new info.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X