Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Application Status ?'s

Hi all,

I've applied for credit with Target for the Redcard online, and the application stated that further processing was required. I called their customer service department and asked if that meant I was denied. The representative stated that it really does mean they have to do further processing, and that I would either get the card in the mail, or receive the dreaded "Hell no" letter.

For those who have applied, and were approved, do you get the approval online, or have you just received the card surprisingly in the mail?

The same thing happened when I applied for Walmart, except that I would be notified in a couple of weeks. I had a Walmart card before my bankruptcy, with a zero balance. I wonder what's going on with them.
    Last edited by misslovanu; 10-22-2006, 01:46 PM.

I got that message. Then, I checked my status a couple minutes later and was approved. So, I think it could go either way. Good luck!

BK7 Filed: 05/11/06, Discharged: 08/31/06, Closed: 09/14/06
    03/07/07 TrueCredit: EQ 603, TU 591, EX 596
    Credit: $1000 Hooters MC, $200 Target Red, $750 Victoria's Secret (Authorized User), $500 AirTran Visa
    Denied: Wal-Mart, CareCredit, WaMu

Comment

I also got that message and received a letter in the mail a few days later stating they would need further documentation to verify my address. I ended up having to send a copy of my utility bill.
      Chapter 7 case closed May 15, 2005

Comment

One and a half months out of bankruptcy and I get a Target card... It's only a $200 credit limit, but it's a start in my journey in reestablishing my credit. My middle score is 605, so I must be doing something right so far.

Comment

My husband got a target card 1 month after bk. I have applied twice since once at 6 months and again at 8 months out. Both times it was declined due to recent BK....go figure!!!!!! And I make more money!!!!!!
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

They did call me to verify my information... I submitted Apt, but didn't include the #, the rep there entered the right information for further review. She did state that chances are I would be approved, especially with them needing to correct my address. She was right because I got my card in the mail today.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X