approved for Hooters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

approved for Hooters!

Just thought I'd share that I was approved for the Hooters Mastercard today. I don't have any details - it said I would receive the information with the card - but I was very surprised to be approved so soon after discharge. I'm scared to have plastic again, but I'm planning to let my father hold on to it and use it only when I already have the cash in hand. Hopefully I can (slowly) start rebuilding some credit!
    Filed Chapter 7: 9/29/06
    341 Meeting: 11/01/06
    Last Day for Objections: 1/01/07
    Discharged and closed: 1/03/07

It's okay to be scared. Use that in a positive way to retrain yourself to proactively and correctly address your future credit accounts. Congrats on the Hooters card - others will come.

Comment

You can call the 800 # and they will give you the details!
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Use it for gas only...or if you use it; do not take cash out of your bank account/and or put the $ to pay for the card aside.
        Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
        Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Yay! Use the Hooters card wisely! And enjoy your 1-year free subscription to Hooters magazine...

For some people, it might be a great first card due to the embarrassment that a card with "HOOTERS" written huge across it might cause when handing it to clerks! (That doesn't help, though, if you love to shop by mail, phone, or online.)
          DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. My posts are not legal advice. They are for information only. Please feel free to use them in an academic sense, as I simply wish to share with you what I have learned/researched.

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
            Use it for gas only...or if you use it; do not take cash out of your bank account/and or put the $ to pay for the card aside.
            Why shouldn't I set aside the money to pay off my balance in full each month? To me that seems like the responsible thing to do.
            Filed Chapter 7: 9/29/06
            341 Meeting: 11/01/06
            Last Day for Objections: 1/01/07
            Discharged and closed: 1/03/07

Comment

Congrats, BT!!

I think Amis meant for you TO set money aside to pay the bill when it comes and typed a "NOT" on accident.

Hubby and I both got a couple of CC's after discharge. We did use each of them once for gas and such. But we decided a charge purchase would be a planned purchase from here on out. So I've taken my cards out of my wallet and parked them.
              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
              Discharged - 12/2006
              Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
              Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

New here but I also was approved for Hooters. Got it in the mail today. Truth be told I completly forgot about applying for it. I did the online app and it said something, I forget. 2 weeks had passed when I went to the box today and there it was. 1000 dollar limit. Crazy APR but I wont accrue any interest on it. Paid in full is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
                  Congrats, BT!!

I think Amis meant for you TO set money aside to pay the bill when it comes and typed a "NOT" on accident.

Hubby and I both got a couple of CC's after discharge. We did use each of them once for gas and such. But we decided a charge purchase would be a planned purchase from here on out. So I've taken my cards out of my wallet and parked them.
                  THANK YOU! That is what I do, I put the $ aside!
                  Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                  Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X