Juniper BAnk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juniper BAnk

Hi..I have a couple questions. I had a recent 7 discharge(2 months ago), the debt was non-consumer debt (tax/business). My credit score before the 7 was at 780, never carried any card balances. Been afraid to check my score since. I've always been able to get 0% financing through ford credit for vehicles and am current(never late) on my present ford loan. What would be chances of getting another 0% loan in the next couple years. what credit card companies should I apply for? My current cards even no money was owed ended up being closed by grantor. What are the chances of the re-stablishing the credit cards? Some had credit lines of 25K and 30K, I don't need the lines that high but do need a card for business travel. I don't really want to be supplied one by the company because don't they have to run a credit check on you to make you an authorized user?

Thanks.

Different companies handle Corporate Cards different ways.

The ones Hubby has had were never based on our Credit. There was never a Credit Pull, the CC's don't even show on Hubby's Credit History. It's like they never existed. Those cards were given to him as part of a deal the issuer had with Hubby's employer. Hubby has had AMEX, US Bank, and others.

Some employers don't have enough employees, or don't wanna incur the fee, or whatever. That's when the CC is based on your personal Credit. If that's the case where you work, chances are you aren't the only person in the "Poor Credit" boat. There are probably others as well. You might ask your immediate supervisor or someone in Human Resources how that situation is handled where you work.

Maybe HR can make plane, car, and Hotel reservations for you with direct bill or PO use. Or maybe your company has arrangements with specific Air Carriers, Rental Agencies, and Hotel Chains where they can pay direct for you. Another alternative is you get good faith estimates of your travel expenses and submit a "Cash Request" in advance of a trip. Then you can pay as you go with Company funds.

There are always possibilities.

As far as BK friendly CC's that allow for larger opening LOC's,............ CapOne seems to be the most generous. You might try them.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Sounds like you're in pretty good shape, if your credit reports are clean besides the bk itself. The public record of having bk will only hit your score for so much.

Its having 'baddies' which are the accounts that had debts included in the bk, that also have a negative effect, and sounds like you don't have any.

You may not get a 0% loan on your next ford motor credit loan, but its possible, and you should definately get it by your 2nd new one.

As far as credit cards, Juniper is very bk friendly. They may still decline you due to bk, but doesn't mean you won't get approved a couple months down the road. The Juniper US Airways card seems to give the highest limits from what I've heard, but not always. I think they allow 3 accounts, so besides the us airways card I would recommend the carnival sea miles card as well.

Other bk friendly cards that tend to have higher limits are hooters and wamu.

Comment

I got 0.9% (not quite zero, but pretty close...) 2 months after BK7 discharge through ford motor with 20% down!!!
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I had a similar BK 7 filing last year. Before filing my FICO scores averaged 825. One month after filing they droped to 625.
          One month after filing I opened a securied cc at First National Bank of Ohama for $20 a year. Three months later Direct Merchants Bank thru HSBC offered a cc that I was approved for, but they would not know the credit limit until I applied in writing. Because the application was in writing a person looked over my report and saw the only bad mark was the BK.
          Was I ever susprized when it came back with a $5,000 limit. I checked scores again and they are around 700. Then I got a $1,000 installment loan at local credit union.
          My next card will probably be one from Juniper thru Barclays Bank which now owns Juniper.
          I will then close the securied cc and consider my credit re-established.
          What I am trying to say is have a plan and then work your plan. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train.
          regards,
          emoney

Comment

Juniper Mastercards are a good start. I have 2 of them with a $2.5K limit on each. My FICO at the time was mid 600's when I applied.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X