top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orchard, Household, other startup ccs.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orchard, Household, other startup ccs.......

Orchard and Household credit cards are good to have after a discharge. while both have annual fees and start you out with low limits, it is how you behave after obtaining them to start rebuilding your credit.
    I filed in July 2004, and my chapter 7 was discharged in October. In January 2005 Orchard offered me a MC with a limit of $300/annual fee of $39. Later in 2005 - October - they offered me a Visa - same terms. And by now, June 2007 they raised both limits to $1000.
    Household is somewhat slower in increasing limits. My wife went with them after she filed in March 2002/discharged in June. Household first offered her a MC with a limit of $300/annual fee of $39, and a few nonths later a Visa with the same terms - but as of now her limits on both are only $500 .
    Other good "after bankruptcy" cards are Washington Mutual, Merrickbank, and Aspire - all no annual fees cards, and relatively high limits. WAMU started me out with a limit of $1500 sometime in 2005, and in 2006 raised the limit to $2500, and will probably raise it further soon. Merrickbank started me out with a limit of $1250 and now have me at $1950. Aspire start $1250 - limit now is $2750.

something great with orchard is that they will cobine all your cards into one after a year. I had two cards and my husband had two. they combined the limits and the interest rate is that of the lowest card. Also the fee became the one of the lowest (29). And interestingly enough they refunded the yearly fees (49 and 79) from two of the cards that had been charged in the last 60 days. I was pleased.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I have an Orchard with a $500 limit, (though I have never had a charge on it other than the initiation fee) WaMu, Cap One, and Juniper. My discharge was late Nov '06. I looked this morning and my scores are 631-653. I use the cards, but pay the balance every month. I am not advocating that everyone starting using credit again, but it has helped me so far. Use your judgement on what you can handle.
      Filed 8/25/06, Discharged 11/28/06, CASE CLOSED 11/14/2007!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X