X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boycotting my hooter's card!

I do not get pissed off easily...so....

Here's the situation:

I just paid $800 on my Hooter's, which left me a balance of about $500. I should have like $650 available. The payment was mad on Monday, cleared my bank on Tuesday, posted Wednesday on the my Hooter's....

BUT, and a big but!

They put a 10 day hold on my account! When I called, they told me it was a random hold...now I don't have that paperwork infront of me that gives every detail on "how they can f**k" you up but believe me, I will find it in my files at home.

I also asked them if I could redeem my 5,000 points for my $50 Hooters gift card. They told me I didn't have any points..... here we go!

I have over 6,000 points showing on my statement...

I told them, when I call back in two hours, they better have investigated why I can't redeem & if they are unable to solve that small problem, I will be terminating my account. I was on hold over 30 minutes for this little issue.

I don't need this card anymore, along with the $72 annual fee which comes up in Nov.

Anyone closed a Hooters or any card with a remaining balance?

I think I have my gym membership on it so I didn't want to bounce that with this stupid hold...gym membership gets paid around the 16th....

what's the best way to close a card out? Should I wait till next week when I get paid & pay it off?
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

They will not let you close an account with balance on it..... you must pay if off first, then close it.....

If you intend to close it out I wouldn't make any more charges on it and pay it off as soon as possible to avoid any more charges of any kind....

If you don't continue to make payments, penalties, fees etc will start to accumulate and there you go again.....

Yes, I too, would find out about the points showing on your statement.....

Any company can put a 10 day hold on your account when you pay with a large check..... just like a bank can when you deposit one.... they can make you wait 3-7 days before withdrawing on it....

Keep us posted.
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
      They will not let you close an account with balance on it..... you must pay if off first, then close it.....

If you intend to close it out I wouldn't make any more charges on it and pay it off as soon as possible to avoid any more charges of any kind....

If you don't continue to make payments, penalties, fees etc will start to accumulate and there you go again.....

Yes, I too, would find out about the points showing on your statement.....

Any company can put a 10 day hold on your account when you pay with a large check..... just like a bank can when you deposit one.... they can make you wait 3-7 days before withdrawing on it....

Keep us posted.
      Ms M!!!!
      It wasn't check, it was an online payment which is totally gone from my account! They posted it as cleared on my hooters online account!!

HELP!

I will have that card paid off in the next month!

P.S. As of 3:35 the hold has been taken off! They think is was the large dollar amount payment that caused the hold...yeah, right.

What if I paid off $5K a month...would they still put a hold on it?

UGHHHH!!!
      Last edited by AMISLANDER; 08-10-2007, 11:45 AM.
      Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
      Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Ami,
        Unfortunately this is a VERY common practice with most credit card companies. Most have different policies. That is one of the policies I usually check upon opening the account. For example: Juniper's policy is to hold any payment (online, check, etc) over $200 on any account less than 6 months old, they also hold any 2nd payment made in any month no matter the age of the account unless it is the usual habit of the account holder. Another example is Columbus Bank and Trust Holds any payment over $499 for 10 days, but you can send 2 payments of $499.00 2 days apart and they don't hold it (been there done that!!!) I recently paid off my hooters card, and they did in fact hold it for the entire 10 days. But I did know it ahead of time and I was only planning on keeping the card in my sock drawer. BTW, this isn't something that is written in their terms and conditions and isn't required by law to be. You have to ask. I would suggest that everyone ask the rules of each company of any new card. It can really put you in a bad place especially when traveling or in the chance of an emergency!!
        P.S. A way to get around the hold is to make a payment at a Western Union or similar payment station, but there is a fee.
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X