Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Cards Not Posting Merchant Credits to Account

Has anyone else had this problem??

I have an AMEX gold card. I have returned several things in the last few weeks to major retailers -- Target, The GAP, TJ MAXX etc.... and have found that out of 8 separate credit tranactions, at least 5 HAVE NOT been posted. These transactions have happened at least 2 weeks ago.

My charging privileges have been 'suspended' until the balance is reduced. I have been returning items to get the balance down, but noticed that AMEX has never posted these merchant credits even though I have the return receipt.

AMEX customer service won't help and is just concerned with getting a payment in full even though the account is no where near past due.

To clarify: Were these purchases made on the card recently then returned to the store with a receipt for a credit on the same card as the purchase?
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Sometimes credits take up to 60 days to post. Why? Good question, but it happens. AMEX is not the most customer friendly out there. You should find a good MC or Visa card to use, which would give you some more flexibility. You never want to "max out" credit cards. It definitely affects your credit score.
      Filed Business Chapter 7: 7/11/07
      341 Meeting: 8/8/07 Asset Case
      US Trustee reviewed case/resolved 9/14/07
      Discharged: 10/11/07 Closed: 11/2/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X