Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all I decided to pay the $5 bucks and check my score with Experian.

627 ! ? ? ?

Is that good ? ? ?

Catchmeifyoucan

I only have a secured credit card with $600 limit
    I HAD the HOOTERS card with $1000, but they never notified me I was approved, so right now I'm disputing the $40 fee they charged and it is past 90 days overdue on my report!
    I continue to pay on my Hyundai Sonata 2006. Actually, I'm considering upgrading to the Azera or 2007 model V6, the dealer said I could keep the same finance rate 9.9%!
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

It is very good. Good job.

But...I long for the day when my credit score is ZERO.

Comment

627 is considered "Fair".
      Secured credit cards do not impact your score very much.
      Did Hooters ever send you the card? Did you ever get a bill from them? Did you call them and ask them why TF they're billing you even though you never received the card?
      Is your mailbox one of those open boxes from which mail can be stolen?

Comment

It's not bad.

But to give you perspective...any person with a score of 620 or less is considered "risky" by the lending industry. To start getting "market" rate for loans, your score needs to be better than 680, and the best terms are given to those with scores of 720 or better.

Comment

Hey now, we are talking about someone who just declared BK here. All is relative. Your score is very good considering what you just went through.

Comment

Did you ever activate the Hooters Card? I wouldn't think they could charge the fee if the card wasn't activated! You should fight that one to the end!!!
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Hooters Dispute

Did Hooters ever send you the card? They said it had been mailed but it immediately was returned to them due to being a PO BOX.

Did you ever get a bill from them? Nooops

Did you call them and ask them why TF they're billing you even though you never received the card? I told them it was unfair because now my credit is even more tainted!

Is your mailbox one of those open boxes from which mail can be stolen? Nooops, under lock and key.

Did you ever activate the Hooters Card? I wouldn't think they could charge the fee if the card wasn't activated! You should fight that one to the end!!!

Never recieved the card, never knew I had been approved ! When I applied after I was discharged, I had sent them all my information, pay stub, drivers license copy, utility bill. The last I can recall is a letter declining me credit!

Its just a hassel you know as a consumer you have to go through the motions not only with one credit bureau but all three to dispute it.

One of their reps told me she was working today and will find out if I can just go ahead and "re-apply." Hmmm, not sure if I even want it now, but since its ONE UNSECURED CC to start out with and be able to "rebuild," my credit status, why not.

Best Wishes everyone, Catchmeifyoucan

Comment

Sounds like ID theft/fraud from WITHIN the Hooters card processing area. And it was easy for them since you wrote "...sent them paystubs, driver's license copy, utility bill".
                File a police report & press charges against Hooters.

Comment

Woo Hoo Got The Hooters

I cleared the "blemish," from Hooters off the credit bureau and the account itself, they are sending me a new card ! $1000 limit, $40 annual fee. Does Hooters ever let go of that annual fee?

So now I have a new auto loan for $25,000
                  A secured credit card $600 thus far
                  And the Hooters card $1000 limit ($40 annual fee)

Think thats enough credit for me ?

Catchmeifyoucan

Comment

hooters will hold that fee to the death, man! They do not waive fees or lower rates. They will, however raise the heck out of your limit quickly without even asking.
                    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
                      I cleared the "blemish," from Hooters off the credit bureau and the account itself, they are sending me a new card ! $1000 limit, $40 annual fee. Does Hooters ever let go of that annual fee?

So now I have a new auto loan for $25,000
                      A secured credit card $600 thus far
                      And the Hooters card $1000 limit ($40 annual fee)

Think thats enough credit for me ?

Catchmeifyoucan

Never had a fee with my Hooters card.

Comment

Maybe the fee will be waived later on down the road when I've "proved myself." I'll ask them after I've used the card awhile and make payments.

TRADEWIZ how did you NOT get a fee? I've only been discharged since late January, so I'm guessing I'm getting the fee due to THAT?

Catchmeifyoucan

Comment

CATCHMEIFYOUCAN once you get that 90 late off your credit reports, you can expect to see a significant increase in your credit scores.

Lates and collections after a BK really tank your scores.

Good luck & please report back after you get that 90 late disputed off, I bet you'll be pleased when you see what your score is.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X