• Show
Clear All

WaMU Pre-Selected Offer Approved !

$3000
    0% Interest Til Oct. 08
    then 17.99 Var.
    No annual Fee

Came in hubby's name

Applied as him unemployed/student and put my income in "other" block and under source put "spouse" then put my name as authorized user.

We both filed bk at same time d/c feb. 06 , but the dates of the BK were wrong on his report so when I disputed them with all three bureaus they were deleted from his!! On experien and equifax he still has two credit accounts that show IIB.

I was really shocked!! Anyone else have good luck with WAMU. Are they BK friendly or do you think they didn't know about the BK because they didn't notice it on his report becuase its no longer under the public records section? I was contemplating applying under my name, but I didn't want to waste the inquiry if they aren't bk friendly.

Now I'm wondering I should cancel his orchard bank which as 1300 limit but its his oldest card. it only has a 39 annual fee??? Maybe I should jusst keep that as an aged account. Its almost three years old. It has been used and it now paid off. What do you think?
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Just keep the account (charge gas on it once in awhile or eating out and pay it off - just to keep it active). I regret closing alot of my other accounts that have been paid off, but than again being a gambler that I am, it was better off in the long run!

Best to you, Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

WaMu is friendly

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
      .....Anyone else have good luck with WAMU. Are they BK friendly or do you think they didn't know about the BK because they didn't notice it on his report becuase its no longer under the public records section? I was contemplating applying under my name, but I didn't want to waste the inquiry if they aren't bk friendly.
      I was approved for a WaMu CC. I didn't receive any offer in the mail though (I did a 2 year opt out earlier this year). I applied online was approved instantly. The CC is a $1000 limit, 0% on purchases and balance transfers until March, 2008 and the rate is similar to the offer you received.
      Bankruptcy History:
      Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
      Discharged - 02/16/2006
      Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

I got a WAMU card. It only has a $500 limit. However, my husband also got one and his has a higher limit, though I don't remember what it is. The free FICO scores will be nice whenever mine finally updates.
        Filed: 10/26/2006
        Discharged: 03/05/2007
        Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

Wamu offered me, and I accepted one of their VISAS with a limit of $1500, which by now they increased to $2500 - sometime in the summer of 2005, 8 months after my Chapter 7 was discharged. The "kicker" in this was that my bankruptcy included a Providian card. And as you all may know Providian was bought out/merged by/with Washington Mutual.
          And just a few weeks ago they approved/sent me one of their MCs with a $1000 limit

Comment

I got one in the beginning of this year. $8000 limit, 0% through Nov 07. It was my first CC post BK.
            Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
            Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
              $3000
              0% Interest Til Oct. 08
              then 17.99 Var.
              No annual Fee

Came in hubby's name

Applied as him unemployed/student and put my income in "other" block and under source put "spouse" then put my name as authorized user.

We both filed bk at same time d/c feb. 06 , but the dates of the BK were wrong on his report so when I disputed them with all three bureaus they were deleted from his!! On experien and equifax he still has two credit accounts that show IIB.

I was really shocked!! Anyone else have good luck with WAMU. Are they BK friendly or do you think they didn't know about the BK because they didn't notice it on his report becuase its no longer under the public records section? I was contemplating applying under my name, but I didn't want to waste the inquiry if they aren't bk friendly.

Now I'm wondering I should cancel his orchard bank which as 1300 limit but its his oldest card. it only has a 39 annual fee??? Maybe I should jusst keep that as an aged account. Its almost three years old. It has been used and it now paid off. What do you think?
              I have two cards with WaMu and for a very long time. I have never had any problems & they offer some outstanding low interest loans all the time. Sometimes even a life of the balance transfer at 0 or 1%. I am really going to miss them when my time comes to pull the trigger because I don't know if they will take me back down the road. So as far as the BK friendly part I really do not know. They merged with Providian awhile back & that was odd because I had a card with them also, so I ended up with 3 from the same bank. The limits are like 11,000, 8,000 & 5,000.

I would keep the annual fee card, at least until the next bank offers you credit. That way you can use one for small charges and one for low interest loan if you really need something without burying any high interest charges.

I am so happy that is all coming together for you in a decent amount of time and I hope it gets there fast. Very Nice

Comment

WAMU Credit Card Offer

Hello,

I think WAMU will approve you. Only if you didn't include them in your previous bankruptcy. My problem is that I had a Providian Visa and filed them in my chapter 7 'bk' and they were absorbed by WAMU. So when WAMU sent me an offer (not pre-approved). They checked my credit history and saw that I filed chapter 7 on the Providian card and 'denied' my application. Their reason was that I filed chapter 7 on a previous account.

However they did tell me in the denial letter that my inquiry would not be reported negatively on my credit bureau reports.

So go on and take a chance.

Comment

Just so happens I had a Providian at the time and I didn't include them in my BK....it survived the BK.... Although when Providian sold out they sold my account to Columbus Bank and Trust, who holds that account today. But maybe that's part of the reason why they approved.
                  Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGirl View Post
                    I got one in the beginning of this year. $8000 limit, 0% through Nov 07. It was my first CC post BK.
                    I received a WaMu pre-approved offer in the mail and figured why not. I was discharged (ch 7) March 2007 and shortly after aquired a 1st Premier $300 and a Tribute $500. Last month I was approved for a $300 Best Buy Rewards Zone card with a $300 limit through HSBC. Funny since HSBC was one of my discharged creditors due to a car my ex-husband quit paying on after our divorce. He was supposed to refinace it in his name only and never did.
                    So i applied online with WaMu and within 30 seconds got a decision. $8000 credit line with 0% on purchases and transfers until May 2008!!! It said I should receive my card and welcome package in 5 to 10 days. That was 11/1/07 so I'm patiently waiting to see if this is for real. Anyone have the 30 second decision revoked and can they change it?
                    FYI my scores are: trans 633, Exp 643, Equi 606.
                    Filed Chapter 7 Prose 11/27/2006
                    Discharged 3/12/07 & closed 3/16/2007
                    Credit scores: EX 544 EQ 585 TU 565 on 4/15/2007
                    EX602 EQ569 TU565 on 5/01/07

Comment

Originally posted by cap350z View Post
                      Hello,

I think WAMU will approve you. Only if you didn't include them in your previous bankruptcy. My problem is that I had a Providian Visa and filed them in my chapter 7 'bk' and they were absorbed by WAMU. So when WAMU sent me an offer (not pre-approved). They checked my credit history and saw that I filed chapter 7 on the Providian card and 'denied' my application. Their reason was that I filed chapter 7 on a previous account.

However they did tell me in the denial letter that my inquiry would not be reported negatively on my credit bureau reports.

So go on and take a chance.
                      WAMU was included in my BK that was discharged in March of this year. Two weeks ago I got approved for an ESPN card that is backed by WAMU. It has a $1,000 credit line and 0% balance transfers until March 08.

You can read about it here http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=17923

Comment

Congrats Cindylynn, I've applied for WaMu but each time was disapproved so I gave up. I had providian years agp that I paid off but I was told of course my scores were too low and my recent bk didn't help. I've managed to get most to report IIB but most show my lateness which was 90 days prior to the bk which is when my lawyer said not to pay anyone else. Anyway, I'm so happy for you and your hubby :-) Hope to be just like you one day!

sara 4

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X