top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP needed -- cannot access credit reports!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP needed -- cannot access credit reports!

I subscribe to TrueCredit/Transunion for unlimited 3-bureau monitoring. Shortly after my bk-7 was filed last week, I lost access to all three of my credit reports. When I or TrueCredit try to bring up a report, NONE of them can be accessed. I've spoken to people at TrueCredit customer service, at their corporate hotline, and at Transunion. None of them can pull up any reports, and the hotline told me there had been SIXTY "soft inquiries" which makes the report too large. Transunion said these stay on your account for 2 years. No one has been able to tell me how I'm supposed to access my reports now.

I'm assuming these have something to do with the BK filing (?) But now that I really need to monitor the reports, they're telling me I can't view them.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Update: I just accessed my report on Experian through the freeannualreport site. There are a bunch of inquiries from my BK creditors, but it's nothing that makes the file huge. I'm wondering if the "unlimited report" services don't cut people off when they use it too much. I was pulling new reports every few days before and after filing, just to see how things would show up there.

Well at least I have two more free reports this year, then I get three more as of January....

Anyone had this experience with TrueCredit? If that's what they're doing, it stinks.
    Last edited by boinga; 11-26-2007, 05:10 PM.
    10/25/2007 Aha! moment
    11/19/2007 Filed Ch.7
    12/19/2007 341 hearing
    02/17/2008 Deadline for objections! tick tick tick ...

I've read that's becoming a common occurrence with TrueCredit - pull it up too many times and they shut you off. I use PrivacyMatters123 and haven't had a problem yet.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I just found the thread about credit monitoring where other people have had the same problem with TrueCredit. What a scam!
      10/25/2007 Aha! moment
      11/19/2007 Filed Ch.7
      12/19/2007 341 hearing

Comment

mycreditkeeper is a keeper!

I just signed up with mycreditkeeper.com. It is a nice site, even better interface and services than TrueCredit.* AND it is only $9.99/mo instead of $14.95. (The 1-2-3 place is $20/mo.)

A nice feature there is a tool to do a zillion different kinds of "what-if" scenarios with your credit report (calculates the likely effect on your score). You can hypothetically pay off certain cards, delete records altogether, put in a year of on-time payments -- just about anything you can think of. Pretty neat.

*especially if TC locks up your reports for actually using them too much!
        10/25/2007 Aha! moment
        11/19/2007 Filed Ch.7
        12/19/2007 341 hearing

Comment

Pull mine up with true credit many times every week. Then I will get tired of checking and skip a week or two but have never had a problem with true credit (yet)...we'll see....
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

mycreditkeeper.com won't let you update your file everyday. I believe it's once a month. If you sign up for the 7 day trial on privacymatters123.com and cancel within the 7 days they will automatically offer to extend your membership for 1 year for a total cost of 29.95. You'll have to call in to get that offer, but everyone who has done it has gotten a 1 year membership for 29.99

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X