Is Dish Network BK Friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Dish Network BK Friendly?

Has anyone signed up for Dish Network since BK? Or does anyone know what their credit requirements are?

That is who we are going to change to after we move, but in order to get service and lease the boxes you have to have "qualified credit" and of course no one at dish network has a clue! In fact the customer service rep told me to call Experian and ask...LOL!!!

Thanks,
    Cindy
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

ok, well, right after I posted this I decided to call back and ask another person. She said the credit score requirement is 580.

But if anyone else has had experience with them, please let me know. I don't want to do a credit inquiry if they don't do BK'ers..

Thanks,
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I opened up a dish network for a friend and direct tv for myself after filing bk. I have no idea what my scores were at the time, but neither one required a deposit. I originally was going to open up dish for myself instead of directtv, but they said for me to take advantage of the promotional offers on a 2nd account, they would need a deposit, so I went direct.

Comment

I was able to get the dish after my chapter 7 and whilein chapter 13 with no up front deposit. However direct TV wanted me to pay them 300 to hook up. I have a direct TV inq on my equifax.

Comment

This thread was last replied to back in January of 2008.

Just curious if anyone out there that just went through a Chapter 7 had any issues signing up with Directv or Dish Network.

My wife and I currently have Cable/Internet/Phone through Comcast, but we are hopefully moving in October and I am pretty certain Comcast does not provide service where we are moving to. I am still in the process of trying to get a hold of the street number where we are moving, but that has become a royal pain the arse.

If anyone has signed up with either Dish Company recently after BK and had or didn't have issues, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.
          Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
          341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
          Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
          Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

My DH got a Dish with a ~4 year old BK. No deposit required. He probably had between 580-600 credit score at the time.
            Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
            341 Meeting: 1/7/09
            Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
            Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Comcast rocks for bankrupt customers!!!! Treated me like a brand new customer with all the new customer deals!!! No deposit needed like I did with the electric company!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X