Cleaning Up Your Credit Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning up credit

I filed a bk that was dismissed in 2003 because I failed to complete all the paperwork and I filed againg in 2005 and was dischared in nov, I would like to know is there a way to get the dismissed bk off my credit report?

Comment

I do not believe so. The BK filing reamins on your credit report, even if it was dismissed.
      Bankruptcy History:
      Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
      Discharged - 02/16/2006
      Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

What reason is everyone disputing if you don't mind me asking?

I have been going with "NOT MINE" on everyone of the one that reports wrong.
        Should I be disputing reason " IIB " instead

I am trying to understand the best way to do this , at first I felt weird about disputing this way but was told they report incorrectly so don't feel bad ..
        so I have been consistant on disputing NOT MINE even The BK which only worked with Experian by the way...
        So I guess what I am asking is what now ? It has been since Jan 06
        on -going with the CRA 's ..
        So to now dispute IIB would be giving and admitting information and not to mention I have been denying everything even the BK...
        Please help me in this situation... I have learned a lot from this board what the DO'S AND DON'TS are .. I hope I have not made a mistake with the CRA ... it seems they are just coming back quicker with the verified status... Anyone that can give me advice on this one would be greatly appreciated I feel like I am at a stand still.....
        DISCHARGED Case CLOSED = 01/03/2006
        Credit Cards
        Washingon Mutual 3000.00
        HSBC 1600.00

Comment

Removing chargeoffs...questions

I am grateful I found this site!

Filed Ch 7 12/04--discharged 03/05. There are a few creditors that have not reported the accounts as "included in the bankruptcy". I have learned from this forum what to do about that...thank you. I need to know if they are obligated to delete the CO's from my credit report (Exp) until this current month. Unbeknownst to me these creditors have been reporting these accounts as derogatory and chargeoffs as recently as this month! Please help if someone can to clarify what they are allowed to report after the discharge date and what they are obligated to remove due to the discharge. Some even show lates after discharge. Do I writed directly to the creditors or the CRA?

Thanks so much in advance for this service.

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted

Ratings NOT TO Accept:

WAGE EARNER BANKRUPTCY

So does this mean we should dispute the accounts that say Wage Earner Plan ? Several of his and mine say this. Almost all state paid as agreed.
            Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
            Plan approved- 7/11/05
            Date discharged--10-12-2007
            Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Hi new here; Need some input please...

Hi new here filed 12/05 discharged 4/06 just trying to update my credit report and trying to figure out what is legally allowed and not allowed to be reported once bk is discharged.
              for example we signed our house back over to the bank (incl. it in bk) and it is listed with current negative remarks on our report with foreclosure proceedings started on it as of 7/06???? how can you forclose on something that is incl in bk? or is that the norm and it also lists account history shouldnt that be wiped off and all it says is incl. in bk with o balance?

Another thing our Verizon Wireless is listed with credit limit 571 recent showing o balance as of july 2006 and it says status: discharged through bk chap. 7/account charged off. Account history: debt incl in chap 7 bk
              are they allowed to say this?

i guess im just wondering if it should say incl in chap 7 bk 0 balance and have no credit history etc. or cant hey still have that showing how late you were etc...

love this forum i must say you all are very supportive of eachother and helpful. Great to be here! Thank you all for your time....

Originally posted by JudyMom2
              I am grateful I found this site!

Filed Ch 7 12/04--discharged 03/05. There are a few creditors that have not reported the accounts as "included in the bankruptcy". I have learned from this forum what to do about that...thank you. I need to know if they are obligated to delete the CO's from my credit report (Exp) until this current month. Unbeknownst to me these creditors have been reporting these accounts as derogatory and chargeoffs as recently as this month! Please help if someone can to clarify what they are allowed to report after the discharge date and what they are obligated to remove due to the discharge. Some even show lates after discharge. Do I writed directly to the creditors or the CRA?

Thanks so much in advance for this service.

Comment

How do i add a consumer statement in my report?
                BK DISCHARGED~02/2006
                Aspire cc $400...CNAC (auto) $15,000
                FICO score 8/06 Trans (549) Exp (538) Equi (559)
                FICO score 9/7/06 Trans (583) Exp (564) Equi (621)

Comment

What companies is everyone using to pull and monitor their credit? I have been looking at TrueCredit.com and CreditKeeper.com and am trying to figure out which to use. Are there other good ones out there I should consider?

Sorry if this is the wrong area... I didn't see anything for this
                  (X) - Filed Chap 7 - 11.14.2007
                  (X) - Free and Clear - 2.22.2008
                  PreBK Scores - 467/428/434 (11/22/2007)
                  PostBK Scores - 571/604/583 (3/15/2008) - Rebuilding Begins!

Comment

I only filed few days ago, so nothing major on my c-history that I need to dispute.
                    However, Experian has some address listed in there that I never lived at. They got the town right, but address is wrong. Also, work name is also wrong. The other agency, has my original name and then below that they misspelled my name. I know thats due to furniture store misspelling my name when I got the credit there. My question is, are these big things I need to go after or just let it go ?
                    March 13, 2008 - Chapter 7 filed.
                    April 15, 2008 - 341 Meeting.
                    June 16, 2008 - Deadline for objections
                    June 20, 2008 - Case closed!

Comment

Make sure you are keeping a papertrail!
                      That is most important.
                      BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

So, I just pulled all three of my Fico scores and reports from Myfico.com since they're having an anniversary sale on all their products.

- 500 Transunion
                        - 565 Equifax
                        - 611 Experian

Oddly enough, Experian has the most accurate report of all three. I've disputed things on all three of the reports though that should help. An account I had with an electric provider still shows a balance and as a bad debt/write off/collection on all three reports. It should report IIB and I've disputed that. I also talked to my bank who financed my car and since I did a reaffirmation with them they're going to restore my online account access and return it to a regular account and remove the bankruptcy off of it. So, I'll give it 6 months and see where my scores are then.
                        Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Comment

You guys are so awesome! I was looking for a forum just like this! Thank you for sharing all of your knowledge!

Comment

can someone clarify if lates should not be reported after file date or discharge date after a CH7?

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted View Post
                              I want to add this on today.

I can not stress the importance of this enough.

Absolutely, positively, DO NOT dispute online. DON'T DO IT. You have no evidence of it being done, and it's the evil bureaus word against yours.

Make sure to document EVERYTHING. And I mean everything. ESPECIALLY when dealing with Transunion. Send everything certified, and save copies of anything that you send them. Don't bother calling them either. The reps they have don't speak a word of English, and you can't understand them.

I found out today that Transunion isn't releasing to me my credit score. Now I am fighting mad and furious.

PLEASE document everything when disputing. Then if it needs to be taken care of legally, you have the proof to go after them for breaking the law.
                              As to "do not dispute online", why not make a screen shot copy of the page showing the dispute was filed? Won't that serve as proof that you did indeed dispute an item?
                              <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
                              FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Ok...I am new here. WE filed BK last August and it was discharged 12/2007.

In Feb of 2008 we had pulled our credit reports and mailed letters (not certified) to the 3 CRA's. Pointing out what was no longer accurate on our credit reports. We got letters back from all of them saying that it was fixed. Well...we waited and waited...saving up money for a down payment on a used car.

Well...to our surprise all the negative information is STILL showing up on both mine and my husband's credit reports!

My question's are these....

1. To dispute all the wrong things again...what all should I include in my mailing (this time certified) to them? A copy of my original filing? A copy of the discharge?

2. How should I word it? Line by line tell them what accounts are wrong...and what they should say?

3. Should I only contact the 3 CRA's? Or should we try and contact the original companies that we had the loans/CC's through?

Thank you for any replies!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X