disputed and scores went down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disputed and scores went down

Ugh... I disputed something on my Equifax and my score went from 652 to 628.

What did you dispute? And do you see any new changes or additions on your Equifax report? (The drop may be due to something else entirely.)
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

While disputing your score will go down because the item you are disputing can not be included in your report so if you are disputing say 4 items then they remove from scoring process

Comment

Originally posted by sandhall View Post
        While disputing your score will go down because the item you are disputing can not be included in your report so if you are disputing say 4 items then they remove from scoring process
        Right on. For example, if you dispute an account with a 30 day late payment years ago but otherwise good history, while it's in dispute, and if the dispute is approved, the rest of the account often goes away too, lowering your score. I'm not sure if the entire account is supposed to go away rather than be fixed by law, but I've heard tons of people say this is the way it's happened to them.
        Filed: 03/31/08 341: 05/15/08 Discharge: 07/15/08
        Do yourself a favor. Check everything I say with a bankruptcy attorney. Most attorneys will even provide a free initial consultation. In fact, it's your life, so check everything anyone says (including your attorney) for yourself!

Comment

The law says that the disputed account can not be included in your scoring process

Comment

Ok, that makes sense. I disputed 9 items. I guess I thought that since they were all derogatory they would raise the score (even temporarily) while disputing. One item was really old, so this one missing might have taken some points from my established credit points.

Another odd point, Transunion does not seem to change anything noted on report until the dispute is over(?). I've noticed no "in dispute" notes on that report while Equifax has it on every entry. Experian has done nothing yet.

I can't wait for 30 days to be up.
            Last edited by persephone; 03-19-2008, 10:12 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X