Cleaning Up Credit Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning Up Credit Reports

So, I've been trying to clean up my reports and on TU and Experian it shows every student loan I've ever had, even though all but one has been transferred, consolidated, sold, etc. I mean every one, dating back between 7 and 13 years ago. They're all $0 balance and say 'transferred or sold' or something else along those lines. My question is can I dispute all those old ones as obsolete and have them removed? I just find it a little odd that Equifax only has my current student loan and none of the other accounts like TU and Experian.

Also, almost every one of my IIB accounts shows "not reported" in the past due balance and current balance fields. And two of the stinking cc's put a creditor statement of "transferred or sold to another lender", which they can't do that right? The accounts were not past due before I filed BK.

I've disputed about 60 things total between the 3 agencies....ughh.
    Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

if you dispute those student loan accounts off it could lower your score. Those aged accts are good for your score. They are old positive accts just sitting there minding their own business...so let them be and they should contiue to age and help you out a little in the long run.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X