top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pay attention to your credit card agreement! FEES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay attention to your credit card agreement! FEES!!

So I have this great Cap1 Platinum MC right?

Well I have a $300 limit. So I spend approximately $298 of it, and bam, they charge my credit card protection fee of $3. That puts me over limit. Then I get an overlimit charge.

I wouldn't have been so upset over that. That's the norm.

Well guess what? On top of that, I see a MEMBER FEE of $29???

WTH is that from? Never read about that fee. And is it every month?? My problem is I guess I didn't read the fine print. So to all of you getting these cards, PAY ATTENTION!

That really sucks!!! They get you coming and going. No wonder people can't afford CRAP anymore!! I can't wait until the dems get in office and change this SH....T! I'm so sick of the credit card companies...EFFing us over!! ( scuze my language! )
    Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
    CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
    Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

Sorry to hear it Cali Girl...

Mike, are you so sure that the Dems will change anything? They have control now other than the Presidency, and they've done nothing to change a thing about the collision course this country is on with disaster.

Somebody is going to potentially get elected to the Presidency, not because they're the right person for the job, but simply because they're not from the same party that is currently in the White House.
      Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
      341: 2/6/08
      Discharged: 4/11/08
      Finally closing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by cali girl View Post
        So I have this great Cap1 Platinum MC right?

Well I have a $300 limit. So I spend approximately $298 of it, and bam, they charge my credit card protection fee of $3. That puts me over limit. Then I get an overlimit charge.

I wouldn't have been so upset over that. That's the norm.

Well guess what? On top of that, I see a MEMBER FEE of $29???

WTH is that from? Never read about that fee. And is it every month?? My problem is I guess I didn't read the fine print. So to all of you getting these cards, PAY ATTENTION!
        Are you saying this stuff was in the fine print or it wasn't?

Comment

Originally posted by jp2861 View Post
          Are you saying this stuff was in the fine print or it wasn't?
          I don't know! I'm saying I need to go back and re-read the fine print to see if I missed something. I'll update you guys as soon as I find out. UGH!!!

Comment

Yes, great point about reading the fine print. Glad you shared that. We all need the reminder I think.

No offense, but why are you maxing out your credit card ($298 of $300)? Goes totally against credit rebuilding 101.......
            You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin on empty View Post
              Sorry to hear it Cali Girl...

Mike, are you so sure that the Dems will change anything? They have control now other than the Presidency, and they've done nothing to change a thing about the collision course this country is on with disaster.

Somebody is going to potentially get elected to the Presidency, not because they're the right person for the job, but simply because they're not from the same party that is currently in the White House.
              I didn't realize the trustees were going after the stimulus reimbursements....I know mine may be applied to what I owe due to being in a payment plan...but man.....?
              Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
              Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Did you call and see if they are willing to bend due to it just being 3? Also, you would have had to sign up for the credit protection...did you?

Did you call and ask them about the members fee? That might be the annual fee.....I'm sure if it is the annual fee then it would have been on the fee disclosure. I would certainly give them a call and try to see what they can do!!
                Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
                  I didn't realize the trustees were going after the stimulus reimbursements....I know mine may be applied to what I owe due to being in a payment plan...but man.....?

Yep, he's taken everything but our dignity (and even that seemed like it was negotiable for a while there...).
                  Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
                  341: 2/6/08
                  Discharged: 4/11/08
                  Finally closing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
                    Did you call and see if they are willing to bend due to it just being 3? Also, you would have had to sign up for the credit protection...did you?

Did you call and ask them about the members fee? That might be the annual fee.....I'm sure if it is the annual fee then it would have been on the fee disclosure. I would certainly give them a call and try to see what they can do!!
                    I believe when I applied, I did sign up for the credit protection. I completely forgot about it when I used up the card, though. That's why I say I'm not complaining about that part of it. That was my fault.

I haven't called about the members fee, I plan to speak to them on Monday about that. The fee is supposed to be $96 for the year, billed in $8 per month installments. So I have no idea what this "member fee" is..

Comment

Originally posted by krielly View Post
                      Yes, great point about reading the fine print. Glad you shared that. We all need the reminder I think.

No offense, but why are you maxing out your credit card ($298 of $300)? Goes totally against credit rebuilding 101.......
                      No offense taken. Initially, I planned to spend half of it and then pay it right off. But, I came into an emergency and needed to use the other half.. (water bill). I totally hear ya, maxing out my card was not the plan and I regret using the first half of it!

Comment

Originally posted by cali girl View Post
                        I believe when I applied, I did sign up for the credit protection. I completely forgot about it when I used up the card, though. That's why I say I'm not complaining about that part of it. That was my fault.

I haven't called about the members fee, I plan to speak to them on Monday about that. The fee is supposed to be $96 for the year, billed in $8 per month installments. So I have no idea what this "member fee" is..

Remember, the annual fee and the membership fee are two different things on these cards....that could be what happened. Or who knows it could be some type of mistake!! Woudn't that be great news???? Either way, good luck and let us know.
                        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

OK, spoke to the representative and the $39 fee apparently was my annual fee. Hmm. Different story than the card I applied for..

I expected to be charged $8 a month. I guess I should be happy it's not $96 dollars, but still. This couldn't have come at a worse time, being overlimit and all!

Comment

Definitely need to read the fine print. I got an offer in the mail today from Premier. My god, these folks must be smoking some good stuff. Annual fee $48, Program fee (whatever that scam is) $95, Account set up fee ( I guess they want me to pay their employees for doing the work) ?? $29, Monthly service fee $7.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X