top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will amending my bankruptcy list post date my bankruptcy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will amending my bankruptcy list post date my bankruptcy?

I filled bankruptcy in 2003. Just recently, a debt from 2001 I forgot about surfaced. If I amend my bankruptcy credit matrix to include that debt, will my bankruptcy be updated to 2008 and stay on my credit report to 2018 instead of 2013?

Why would you amend a bankruptcy filing from 5 years ago to include a debt that is from 2001???
    That 2001 debt will soon fall off your CRs.

Comment

Just send the debtor a copy of your discharge and see if they go away.
      Filed: 10/26/2006
      Discharged: 03/05/2007
      Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

Originally posted by JollyGG View Post
        Just send the debtor a copy of your discharge and see if they go away.
        I did that. The only problem is they already garnished my tax return, so now I'm trying to get it back. They say on their site they will refund me if I had a bankruptcy, but I read elsewhere that they don't have to. I wish I could find the law that their site statement is based on so I can use it against them.

Comment

You do not have to ammend. According to the old law, which is when you filed, if you had a debt that was dischargeable it is considered discharged whether you listed them or not.

You need to provide the creditor a copy of your discharge paper only....not your creditor matrix...and they should refund your money. Do not even go into the discussion with them about who was and wasn't listed on the matrix! Send them the papers with a nice but firm letter requesting your refund back!!

BTW.....what creditor besides student loans can take your refund?
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

What creditor it this...?

However, if this creditor is a private creditor and if they are already in a position to garnish you, you need to make an appearance in court where this creditor got the judgment against you and file a Motion to Vacate the Judgment based on the fact that you filed BK and was discharged.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X