top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you don't get instant approval, does that mean declined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't get instant approval, does that mean declined?

I applied for another credit card and got a note stating they need to review the application and would mail their response in 7-10 days. Does that mean I was denied?

Maybe I pushed my luck..
    8/5/08 - Filed Chapter 7
    9/10/08 - 341 Meeting - It went great
    11/10/08 - Last day for Objections
    11/12/08 - Discharged & Closed!

Not necessarily. In some situations they just need a human to look at the big picture before they will officially approve you.
    Filed Chp 7 Pro-Se 8/1/08
    341 - 09/03/08
    Discharged 11/5/08

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle Mama View Post
      Not necessarily. In some situations they just need a human to look at the big picture before they will officially approve you.
      Exactly, I just had that happen and got the card. I was surprised since I thought without the instant approval I wouldn't get it. But then they called me to verify some stuff on my credit report and told me I got the card.
      Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
      Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

I also got refused on the net "needing further review" and then got the card. It was WAMU.
        Good luck!
        <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
        FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

When I first applied for a VISA Signature card, it said they needed time to review the application. I received a phone call 2 days later, and was approved for $10K.

Sometimes, it does just need review. However, I would say that the majority of the time... it is not going to be approved.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My wife had a similar notice this last Monday when she applied for a card online - and guess what - that card was in today's mailbox.

Comment

yeah i was going to say most of the time the "further review" is a good thing but like someone else mentioned above it can also mean it is going to be a decline. I know I would ALWAYS get the "further review" message on anything I would apply for, even before my bk when I had over 700 fico credit score but thats just because I had a security block on my credit cause a long time ago I had all these unauthorized inquiries and the credit bureaus recommends I put that block on my credit so no one could get credit without first verfiying that it was actually me applying for it.
              Discharged 6/23/08

Comment

I was approved. Yesterday I got a letter from that credit card I got the message about needing time to review. I was sure it was a denial letter, well it wasn't. The letter said to call them, they needed to verify some info. So I called, confirmed some information and got approved for $3,000!!!! Interest rate of 12%

Woohoo! So that's two cards Capital One and this one, HSBC.

So I think I'll just have those two and start rebuilding my credit.
                8/5/08 - Filed Chapter 7
                9/10/08 - 341 Meeting - It went great
                11/10/08 - Last day for Objections
                11/12/08 - Discharged & Closed!

Comment

Well, it looks like you are on your way to getting re-established! Congratulations on your two cards! You might have to change your screen name! LOL.
                  Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                  Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X