WAMU now Chase....Uh Oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lostinmich View Post
    My GF has 2 Chase cards and she is able to schedule payments whenever and for how much she wants. Automatic withdrawals are not required.

Thank you. Was worried about that.

Comment

I am wondering too, if I'll be able to keep my Chase (formerly WAMU) Master Card, after having filed Ch. 7 and been discharged against around $20k of Chase cards last year.

I guess the bottom line is, Who knows? Because they obviously can do whatever they want. The rules for CC companies have become so one-sided in favor of the CC's that they virtually can deny you credit or change their terms just because "they want to".

So far I have only received letters re the changes, but I am concerned that when it comes time to send me a new card, they may decide not to (even though I will have had a perfect record of payments and usage with them). That could be a problem as they are my ONLY card with a high credit limit, my other 3 all have less than $1600 available, combined, minus the several hundred I owe on those.

Let's hope Chase is not vindictive like I know Amex and Discover are, and will allow a post-Ch. 7 debtor with a good record to keep his/her card.
      <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
      FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Well - received a Chase letter today. Among the usual yada, yada, yada - there is one sentence:
        "When your existing card expires, you will receive a new Chase card, subject to continuing to meet our credit criteria".
        Whatever the hell that means. Since in 2004 I burned 2 Chase cards in my bankruptcy, but since then received two Wamu cards - each with a $2500 limit, don't look forward to Chase renewing them in 2010.

Comment

I got that one yesterday too. Only mine doesn't give me until the card expires. It says March 6, 2009.

I didn't BK Chase but I know they are not BK friendly. So I doubt I'll meet their credit criteria. Shame too, Wamu cards are the ONLY CCs hubby and I have post-BK. If Chase snags them, we'll have none. Not the end of the world but they do help with the credit score. Blah on Chase.
          Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
          Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGirl View Post
            I got that one yesterday too. Only mine doesn't give me until the card expires. It says March 6, 2009.

I didn't BK Chase but I know they are not BK friendly. So I doubt I'll meet their credit criteria. Shame too, Wamu cards are the ONLY CCs hubby and I have post-BK. If Chase snags them, we'll have none. Not the end of the world but they do help with the credit score. Blah on Chase.
            I think the March 6 through 9 yada, yada actually refers to the final time period when these Wamu cards actually are converted into Chase cards.

Comment

Weird - an hour ago I tried to log on as usual at wamucards.com with my usual username/password but was instructed to pick a new username. Looks like Chase is jumping the gun in this respect, even though the final change won't be around until March.

Comment

You know with BK being on the rise all over, Chase may just have to eat their not friendly BK policy.
                Filed November 2 2007
                341 Meeting January 4 2008
                DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

Originally posted by magyar123 View Post
                  Just wondering - will Chase online payment options remain the same as they were/are with Wamu before - that you can make an online payment whenever you want to and whatever amount you want to over and above the minimum required? And NOT sign up for automatic withdrawals.
                  I just got a bunch of stuff in the mail from Chase as to how they are transferring over our former WAMU Visa. It tells you where to log in and you can make payments just as before They are eliminating any WAMU rewards programs you may have and substituting their Rewards program. Any past points accumulated via WAMU will be honored and carried over by Chase.
                  Last edited by Flamingo; 01-31-2009, 07:22 PM. Reason: Spelling

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

My girlfriend has a Chase card with a $1400 balance with a 3.99% interest rate until the balance is paid off. Chase decided to start charging a $10 service charge every month until she pays it off or raise her interest rate. They wouldn't reverse the charge so I told her to cancel and I paid it off for her.

I will no longer use my WAMU/Chase card and will consider canceling my card because I don't want to do business with these scumbags.

Logan

Comment

I have done some research on this 10$ service charge. It seems that Chase has decided to raise the minimum payment from 2% to 5% and charge a 10$ service charge on clients who transferred balances on low interest rate promotions.

Be careful with these *******s. Honest people are getting screwed. Luckily for my GF I could pay it off for her otherwise she would be paying $120 a year service charge. This company sends out the checks and offers the 3.99% for life and they can just retract it. A$$holes.

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post

Ditto for me....I've made way over min. payments, always ahead of time...blah blah blah...oh I'm SO EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW CHANGES WITH CHASE.....(right...)

9.9 to 10.24......just jack it to 29% and get it over with!
                        Don't worry they will I was jacked up from my promotional rate of 5.84% to 19.99% then 29.99% all in a time frame of about 2 months.

Well I guess it's safe to say they won't be getting paid anymore.

I have an appointment Monday morning with an attorney it's time to 86 the debt.

Cash and carry for me from here on out.
                        Filed July 7,2009
                        341 August 24,2009 (completed)
                        Discharged 10-28-09(Thank You Lord.)
                        Case closed 10-29-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X