top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Reporting, reason for the financial problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Reporting, reason for the financial problems.

when I did my mandatory credit counseling, the woman suggested that I add a "personal statement" to my credit report citing the "divorce" as the reason for my bankruptcy and financial difficulty.

Who do I contact to do such a thing, if there are 2 reporting companies? Is there 1 place to do such a thing?
    Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
    Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
    341 Meeting 01/05/2009
    Discharged 03/06/2009

You can put a "statement" in all three of your credit reports (Experian, TransUnion and Equifax). It may have to be limited to a certain number of words depending on the agency but what it is is a statement you can add giving your side of a situation; i.e., why you had to file bankruptcy (job loss, divorce, etc.). Many folks state that creditors don't really read any Statements when they review someone's credit report and say it is a waste of time but I have also heard the opposite. We put one in all three of our reports and we will remove it next month when our Chapter 13 comes off our credit reports (7 years from it's filing date).

To put a statement in you need to contact each reporting agency to request to put a statement into your credit report. They will advise you what needs to be done. Most people insert one after they have reviewed their credit reports for errors and send a statement back with their report changes to have the statement added in.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM. Reason: Added words/spelling

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X