Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie777
    replied
    I thought it was worth a try but was denied, after their offer screen referred me to the standard card. I'm seven months from discharge, will wait to see what their letter says. Their system suggesteed their secured card but I'm going to go after USAA before I go for Capital One secured.

Leave a comment:

• Amy26
    replied
    I discharged debt with Capital One and I was able to get another credit card with them.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie777
    replied
    Pris72 - did you discharge any Captal One debt in your BK? I'm wondering whether I should apply there, I discharged Capital One accounts and don't want to waste an inquiry if they blacklist.

Leave a comment:

• pris72
    replied
    Me and my husband both just got approved through capitalone for mastercards. $300 limit to start, but there is NO fees each month or once a yr. Also we are at 0% apr until June 2011.
    Our chapter 7 was only discharged this past week.
    Hope that helps.
    Do not go through first premier, aspire visa or any of those who give you a $200 limit to start. Immediately $150 of that $200 is charged for their high fees. I would wait until you can get approved through a major card holder like we did.

Leave a comment:

• mermaids614
    replied
    Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
    It is not a good idea to apply for credit cards during your bankruptcy. Better to wait until you are discharged.
    Well, it's already done........I won't apply for any more but my attorney told me when I converted that I could go ahead and try to buy a car before discharge. I didn't but he said I could.

Leave a comment:

• StartingOver08
    replied
    It is not a good idea to apply for credit cards during your bankruptcy. Better to wait until you are discharged.

Leave a comment:

• mermaids614
    replied
    predischarge

I am not set to discharge for another 3 weeks. I applied for HSBC Orchard Bank Visa about 2 weeks ago and got approved for $320.00! I'm surprised. I had to pay $19.00 processing fee up front for the card. I still have not received it yet. I was also approved for the BestBuy Rewards MasterCard thanks to this thread. It was only for $100.00 with no annual fee. I plan to apply for a Capital One card about 5 or 6 months post discharge and after I get my credit reports in order. I'm just grateful I got approved for something!

Leave a comment:

• prettyobk
    replied
    Capital One sent me a letter with the info on the Rewards MC with all the APR and annual fee info. The letters says a credit decision will be forwarded shortly. So does that mean I'm getting it??

Leave a comment:

• mstomica
    replied
    YAy!

I got my card in the mail for HSBC $ 320...worth a start!
    I applied for Cap 1 and was denied, however, I was approved for the Secured card....

Leave a comment:

• damooster
    replied
    I applied for a Hooters Master Card four days ago and just received it in the mail. Scores in low 600's.

Leave a comment:

• BankruptinNJ
    replied
    Originally posted by realm187 View Post
    You people tell all this stuff about all these great ways to rebuild credit with being approved for cards. You people must have had great credit prior to BK because absolutely none of them companies will approve me. Either yall are lucky or just full of crap.
    How many cards have you applied for and how often? It looks really bad to apply for a lot of cards at once. Once, when I still had great credit I applied for 3 credit cards in one month, was approved for all 3, and my credit score dropped 70 points and never fully recovered! If you apply for cards and are rejected, wait several months before applying again.

Use your debit card in the meantime. It's one of the greatest inventions of the last 30 years.

Leave a comment:

• startingovr
    replied
    Nice one Amy! LOL

Realm, my credit score pre-BK was probably around 720-ish. 1 week after discharge it was around 630-ish. That is what the dealership told me when I went to buy a car. When he pulled my credit he about fell out of his chair. I guess he was expecting something disastrous. I had to put $1000 down but I wasn't complaining.

Leave a comment:

• Amy26
    replied
    I'm only full of crap right before I use the restroom.

Leave a comment:

• realm187
    replied
    You people tell all this stuff about all these great ways to rebuild credit with being approved for cards. You people must have had great credit prior to BK because absolutely none of them companies will approve me. Either yall are lucky or just full of crap.

Leave a comment:

• startingovr
    replied
    I included Capital One in my BK (albeit with a 0 balance) and they closed the account when I filed. My BK closed in October and I just applied with Capital One again and got a card with a $1000 credit line.

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X