Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treed
    replied
    I have Cap 1 included in my BK and they denied me. I am almost 3 years out of BK and cannot get a decent limit. I travel for business and its killing me to have such low limits... Since I had an Cap1 and HSBC on my BK seems like I have no options...

Leave a comment:

• jadams
    replied
    Originally posted by tanya0525 View Post
    Those of you who got hsbc (household bank) cards, was it instant? Did you get the 10-14 day response when applied online.

Tanya
    Go back to the HSBC site and check your application status.

I got the 10-14 days, but when I checked it just a few minutes later it reflected an approval.

Many people also get this when they need to answer some ID questions before it can be approved.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• aces67
    replied
    I have a question for you guys. Dh and I have both applied for a Cap One card and a household bank card. We have the same things on our credit report. We filed Ch 7 jointly and were discharged jointly. The only difference? He has a job and I'm a stay at home mom.

He got approved with Cap One and HSBC with no problem. I used his income where it asks for other income and I got denied on both. The reason? They say b/c I recently filed BK. So since I don't work will I never get my own credit? We did reaffirm our mortgage and that reports positively on my credit and dh added me to his Cap One card and that reports on my credit also.

Leave a comment:

• tanya0525
    replied
    Those of you who got hsbc (household bank) cards, was it instant? Did you get the 10-14 day response when applied online.

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• SPalin
    replied
    Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
    Capital One will not approve me for anything. We tried them for car loan and credit card. All the denial letters I keep getting from them cite "seriously delinquency with captial one accounts" ... I only bk'd a credit card with them with a 1,500 dollar balance. So, apparently they forgive everyone but me... :P
    Looks like I'm triple damned! Since I have three current accounts (credit cards) with them (paid on time from day one and until the filing 11/2), but listed them in my Chp 7 filing last week. After my discharge in 2/2010, should I try and apply with them or look else were like Orchard or HSBC? Capital One is the only one of my credit cards I have kept up as they are the only company that would work with me (due a pay cuts), unlike Chase/WAHU, and Citi.

I know that I let the CC's get out of hand and only having a Visa debit will not be helpful on rebuilding my credit... so just trying to come up a strategy after Chp 7! Any words of wisdom?

Leave a comment:

• prettyobk
    replied
    Smart moves. My lawyer filed this week. Says by Feb/March I should be discharged.

Originally posted by Doghouse View Post
    I just applied for a Cap One card and got approved for $1000 with $39 yearly fee and 0% APR till April 2010 and then 19.8% after. Nice. I have been credit card free since I stopped all payments in Oct '08. Filed for BK in late April 09.

I had my BK discharged in Aug 09 and closed in Sept 09, less than 2 months ago. I will continue to be a cash/debit card only person but like many others here I want to slowly begin to rebuild my credit by making and paying off small purchases.

Leave a comment:

• carbk
    replied
    Originally posted by prettyobk View Post
    Wal-Mart approves cards for $100??

lol. Wow

Leave a comment:

• prettyobk
    replied
    Wal-Mart approves cards for $100??

Originally posted by Tiedyedsky View Post
    HAHA! I will tell my husband. He saw that I asked that and said it was a dumb question that of course it can only be used at Target! Thanks for the info!

I also just applied for a credit card at Wal-mart and my husband was approved for $100 and I got approved for $490! Yay!

Leave a comment:

• Doghouse
    replied
    I just applied for a Cap One card and got approved for $1000 with $39 yearly fee and 0% APR till April 2010 and then 19.8% after. Nice. I have been credit card free since I stopped all payments in Oct '08. Filed for BK in late April 09.

I had my BK discharged in Aug 09 and closed in Sept 09, less than 2 months ago. I will continue to be a cash/debit card only person but like many others here I want to slowly begin to rebuild my credit by making and paying off small purchases.

Leave a comment:

• Amy26
    replied
    Capital One will not approve me for anything. We tried them for car loan and credit card. All the denial letters I keep getting from them cite "seriously delinquency with captial one accounts" ... I only bk'd a credit card with them with a 1,500 dollar balance. So, apparently they forgive everyone but me... :P

Leave a comment:

• downsized
    replied
    Originally posted by Pattie Smith View Post
    I have received two offers from Orchard Bank the past couple months. I need a little advice on what company would be the best to have. We have been in BK for two years now.
    I would first try Capitol One. You can apply online.

Leave a comment:

• Pattie Smith
    replied
    Orchard Bank ???????????

I have received two offers from Orchard Bank the past couple months. I need a little advice on what company would be the best to have. We have been in BK for two years now.

Leave a comment:

• fyi2
    replied
    anyone know about GE.. i would like to apply for care credit for glasses/contacts while improving credit... anyone?

Leave a comment:

• jennordhavn
    replied
    I got my Cap1 card yesterday. It's a $500 limit. I couldn't find any information in the little inserts about APR but I'm pretty sure when I applied it was 14.99. It is the No Hassle Rewards card. YAY.

Leave a comment:

• meinnc
    replied
    Household Bank via HSBC approved me for a card two days after discharge from Chapter 7.

No fees, no annual fee or service fee or any of that stuff. Just a $500 limit, 19% rate, not that I ever plan to carry a balance. I just want to rebuild credit.

I couldn't believe I got approved, but I did have pretty good credit before BK....I paid all my bills up until the month I filed, then BAM! Filed out of nowhere. I heard that can help- not trashing your credit completely. Who knows?

I also didn't bankrupt on HSBC- I had paid them off and had a savings account online with them, with $0 in it, though! Lol.....

Anyhow, maybe you should try them out.

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X