No announcement yet.

Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I approved for a Credit One, CL $300, $75 annual fee, 23.9%. Going to pay off the $75 when the first statement arrives. Will use once a month to replenish my toll road account or put 1 tank of gas in the car. Plan on paying it off every month.

Comment

I'm 3 months post BK and want to build my credit score up. Capitol One sent me a pre-approved (only $3000 limit, no annual fee and no maintenance fees - 22.9%) Since I will be paying this off every month, not worried about the interest rate
      Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by RainMoM View Post
        Are you serious ?? You bk'ed them and ONE week later you tried to apply again for a card ? Why so soon ??
        I Bk'ed Cap 1 for more and was approved for a secured and a blank check a wee after my discharge. so its diff for everyone. Just wait and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by RichM View Post

AAFCU is probably the only financial institution about which I can't find a single bad thing to say.

Kinda scary, actually.

-Rich
          Rich, I joined Addison after reading your posts on this forum. Got a approved for a secure card no problem (my other CU declined me). I am quite happy with them so far and I am glad to know I can go unsecured after 6 months. Is this the route you took i.e. unsecured and then secured after 6 months??

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info....
            Automatic Cash Secret ; http://bit.ly/gofCjc

Comment

Originally posted by BKIN2010 View Post
              Rich, I joined Addison after reading your posts on this forum. Got a approved for a secure card no problem (my other CU declined me). I am quite happy with them so far and I am glad to know I can go unsecured after 6 months. Is this the route you took i.e. unsecured and then secured after 6 months??
              No, I'm keeping it secured for the time being. I'm self-employed, so I don't have a guaranteed income. I like the idea of being able, should things get tight, to just tell them to pay off the card from the deposit and call it a day.

I'm glad you like Addison Avenue. They're a really good operation in my book. I especially like the "E-Deposit" feature because I get a lot of checks, and it's a pleasure to be able to just sign, scan and upload them. I still haven't found anything bad to say about AAFCU.

-Rich
              Filed Chapter 7: 8/24/2010. Discharged: 12/01/2010
              Member and Exalted Grand Master: American Sarcasm Society (A.S.S.).

Comment

Originally posted by BKIN2010 View Post
                I Bk'ed Cap 1 for more and was approved for a secured and a blank check a wee after my discharge. so its diff for everyone. Just wait and try again.
                I wonder what Cap 1's guidelines are...We only had a car loan with them which we did not reaffirm but have since paid off in full. They keep sending us offers but decline every one due to "previous relationship". I called and was told by customer service they will not even give us a secured card. Very confusing others get a card immediately even after wiping them out. I guess YMMMV

Comment

Originally posted by discombob1 View Post
                  Has anyone else used Addison Avenue CU for a secured card? I don't really want a credit card, haven't had one in almost 4 years but I do want to rebuild credit. I like the idea of using a secured card to do that, also as a backup to debit. Addison Avenue had no fees and I would earn a small amount of interest. Anyone else had luck with them?
                  A while back we read a thread on Addison Avenue CU on this site I think so we looked into it. We applied for a $1000 share secured card but we were approved for a $5000 UNSECURED card instead. Credit scores were roughly 675 and we were getting declined by everyone thus dropping our score with every inquiry. We have since moved just about everything over to Addison. Great or I mean SUPER FANTASTIC customer service to boot! The only real drawback is they have no offices here in Tucson

We highly recommend!

Comment

I also recently realized that I am enrolled in a cash rewards program with Addison Ave. It is only 1% back, but I like how at the end of the month I automatically get that deposited in my membership share account. It is nice having a secured card with a rewards program tied into it! I am going to try for the unsecured sometime in the next six months to a year. And yes, their customer service is great!
                    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                    Discharged: August 2010
                    A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by tucson View Post
                      I wonder what Cap 1's guidelines are...We only had a car loan with them which we did not reaffirm but have since paid off in full. They keep sending us offers but decline every one due to "previous relationship". I called and was told by customer service they will not even give us a secured card. Very confusing others get a card immediately even after wiping them out. I guess YMMMV
                      That's strange indeed. A had a repo with Cap. 1 auto-loan and BKed the balance of almost $15K. I got a secured card without a problem and probably would have gotten the unsecured one as well (didn't apply). I also BKed CCs with them.
                      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Yeah, Cap 1 won't touch me. Reason is always the same: my income is insufficient for the amount of credit I'm applying for. =/
                        Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                        Discharged: August 2010
                        A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Addison Avenue Federal Credit Union . . . is now First Tech. I wonder if they will still be somewhat bk friendly under the new umbrella . . .

Comment

Just got approved for a Capital One Signature card with 0% until Feb. 2012 (19.8% after that, ouch) and $1,000 CL. Quite honestly, I was shocked because we bk'd them (discharged in 03/10). Don't plan on keeping a balance, but I figure we're off to a good start anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuya View Post
                              Addison Avenue Federal Credit Union . . . is now First Tech. I wonder if they will still be somewhat bk friendly under the new umbrella . . .
                              Kuya, I'm wondering the same thing. I wish I had made it into AAFCU before the merge. I'm thinking of trying First Tech anyway.
                              Filed 2/28/11 341 3/24/11 Discharge and Closed 5/24/11

Comment

Originally posted by kayba View Post
                                Kuya, I'm wondering the same thing. I wish I had made it into AAFCU before the merge. I'm thinking of trying First Tech anyway.
                                I haven't noticed any difference, but it's only been a week or two.

-Rich
                                Filed Chapter 7: 8/24/2010. Discharged: 12/01/2010
                                Member and Exalted Grand Master: American Sarcasm Society (A.S.S.).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X