No announcement yet.

Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any new credit card companies since the credit crunch?? I'm starting to peek around, and I don't see much out there.
    NotFun
    Filed: 10/31/2007
    341: 12/05/2007
    Last day for objections: 02/05/2008

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted View Post
      I applied for a secured credit card through First Premiere, and got approved. They allow you to make $25.00 payments until you have a balance of $200.00, and then they send you the card.

I did my research first.

BTW- I also have completely cleaned up my credit reports- all three! They are all now reporting ALL of my accounts as included in bankruptcy, and I am now on my way to rebuilding credit.

If anyone wants more information on cleaning up credit reports, IM me or email me!
      How soon after you file for a Chapter 13 should you try to rebuild credit?
      Filed Chapter 13 2/21/10
      341 3/25/10

Comment

Orchard Bank denied me a credit card. It has been 8 months since bankruptcy and I have saved a ton of money. My credit rating is still below 60. I am not sure how people are getting credit. Bankruptcy is truly a fresh start for me. I feel like I am 18 again, when my father had to co-sign for a 2000 dollar car loan.

Comment

Originally posted by g0m0 View Post
          How soon after you file for a Chapter 13 should you try to rebuild credit?
          Immediately! Try capital one, orchard bank. Also, first premier will approve anyone but thats because their fees are off the wall. I'd make them my last resort. If all else fails, apply for an orchard bank secured card. You'll get promoted to an unsecured card from them after a year or so after good payment history.

Comment

Originally posted by moneytrouble View Post
            Orchard Bank denied me a credit card. It has been 8 months since bankruptcy and I have saved a ton of money. My credit rating is still below 60. I am not sure how people are getting credit. Bankruptcy is truly a fresh start for me. I feel like I am 18 again, when my father had to co-sign for a 2000 dollar car loan.
            Did they flat out deny you or did they offer you a secured card. Usually, anyone can get a secured card from them

Comment

We have not tried to obtain credit since we filed on 2/22/09. 341 Mtg scheduled for 3/22/09. I just thought that the trustee would not allow us to have credit until we finished all payments in the Chapter 13.
              Filed Chapter 13 2/21/10
              341 3/25/10

Comment

year and a half out of bk, cards I have...

Three months after my discharge I applied for a Credit One (300), First Premiere (300), and Capital One (500). After a year, all the credit limits were raised (most notably, Capital One got up to (1500). After a year, I got approved for a Household HSBC card (500) and a Kays Jewelers Card (1200). I BK'd HSBC so I was suprised I got the Household HSBC card. Credit score 670 and paying the balances off totally each month.

I am still getting denied for Amex and Chase (as I have bk'd on accounts from them) but the credit I have now is sufficient.

Comment

It will be 2 years since I filed and I have not applied for any cards. I think it is time. What's the best route for me? Thanks
                  :cool:THERE ARE NO ANSWERS, ARE THERE:unsure:
                  FILED C7: 4-18-2008:)
                  341 MEETING: 5-19-08: Smooth and fast:yahoo:
                  Discharged: 7-21-08:clapping::yes2:

Comment

If your out 2 years from discharge I would try Cap1, or HSBC. How does your credit report look like, is it reporting correctly and are your FICO scores over 660... then try Chase or Citi. Not having any inquires for the pass two years helps as long as your reports are correct!
                    November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Credit cards from a credit Union

I just got discharge, I was wondering how soon can I apply for a credit card. I have a credit union which have their own credit card, would that be a good thing to apply for, also have anyone apply for airline credit card like Citi Advantage Master Card? Thanks!

Comment

I don't think any of those are good ones

I don't like Orchard Bank, First Premier, Aspire, Centennial or any credit cards like those. Usually all start with $250-$300 limit and when you initially get the card, there's only like $50.00 available on the card, yet you have to pay the bills for the charges. Then the monthly fees. These will just dig people into a deeper hole. I'd rather just get an unsecured card with a credit union or bank. That's what my friend did. She started with $500.00 down on the card, and just added more money every couple months to up her limit. That was the best way to go for her, and I plan to do the same. Beats paying all those fees the previously mentioned cards charge. I'd rather live without a credit card than to use those. Capital One is probably the only one I would consider, as they do usually approve you for $500 and the entire credit limit is available when you get the card.
                        Filed Ch.13 August 2008,
                        Converted to Ch.7 03/31/10, 341 Meeting 05/05/2010, Discharged 07/16/2010

Comment

Originally posted by mermaids614 View Post
                          I don't like Orchard Bank, First Premier, Aspire, Centennial or any credit cards like those. Usually all start with $250-$300 limit and when you initially get the card, there's only like $50.00 available on the card, yet you have to pay the bills for the charges. Then the monthly fees. These will just dig people into a deeper hole. I'd rather just get an unsecured card with a credit union or bank. That's what my friend did. She started with $500.00 down on the card, and just added more money every couple months to up her limit. That was the best way to go for her, and I plan to do the same. Beats paying all those fees the previously mentioned cards charge. I'd rather live without a credit card than to use those. Capital One is probably the only one I would consider, as they do usually approve you for $500 and the entire credit limit is available when you get the card.
                          Orchard doesn't have any fees (except an annual fee) like those other cards do. The annual fee varies, I've seen from $29-$69.
                          Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                          341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                          Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                          Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Originally posted by dell1972 View Post
                            I just got discharge, I was wondering how soon can I apply for a credit card. I have a credit union which have their own credit card, would that be a good thing to apply for, also have anyone apply for airline credit card like Citi Advantage Master Card? Thanks!
                            CU's are usually very conservative, you may want to start with a secured card from them if they will go for it. The big boys (citi, BofA, etc) will not give you credit right after discharge. Try HSBC or Cap 1 and see what happens.

Good luck!
                            7-2-2009 Filed
                            8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                            10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

I am three months post BK. Denied by Orchard/Household/Capitalone (due to bankruptcy is what the denial letter states...even the secured card thru Orchard ..... I have only gotten approved by Credit One and I was still able to hold on to my Macy's card thru bankruptcy ($100 limit). I just want something to start rebuilding.

Tanya
                              Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
                              Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
                              On The Road To Rebuilding
                              5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

I'm planning to apply credit card any suggestion?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X