No announcement yet.

Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pris72 - did you discharge any Captal One debt in your BK? I'm wondering whether I should apply there, I discharged Capital One accounts and don't want to waste an inquiry if they blacklist.
    Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

I discharged debt with Capital One and I was able to get another credit card with them.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I thought it was worth a try but was denied, after their offer screen referred me to the standard card. I'm seven months from discharge, will wait to see what their letter says. Their system suggesteed their secured card but I'm going to go after USAA before I go for Capital One secured.

Comment

Which one did you try for? The one we're all getting is the one for limited history. What are your scores? Have you cleaned up all your credit reports?
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

I went for Limited History, FICO scores EQ 634, TU 607, EX (FAKO from their service) 650.

My reports are relatively clean, the only problems are some IIB's with status dates after discharge, and the number of inquiries on EQ.

I'll wait and see what they say in the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie777 View Post
              Pris72 - did you discharge any Captal One debt in your BK? I'm wondering whether I should apply there, I discharged Capital One accounts and don't want to waste an inquiry if they blacklist.
              No. None with capital one, but I will say this much I have been able to get other services which I did file under the chapter 7. AT&T cellular being one. I hear capital one is an easier credit card to get after chapter 7.
              Chapter 7 filed 2/26/2010
              341 meeting 4/18/2010
              Discharged 6/14/2010-On our way back up the ladder from a rough patch.
              FICO score goal by June 2011:720+

Comment

I got the $300 limit with Cap 1 as well. They are far more reputable than Aspire and First Premier. I wouldn't ever get another First Premier card again.

Originally posted by pris72 View Post
                Me and my husband both just got approved through capitalone for mastercards. $300 limit to start, but there is NO fees each month or once a yr. Also we are at 0% apr until June 2011.
                Our chapter 7 was only discharged this past week.
                Hope that helps.
                Do not go through first premier, aspire visa or any of those who give you a $200 limit to start. Immediately $150 of that $200 is charged for their high fees. I would wait until you can get approved through a major card holder like we did.
                Filed: 11/9/09 341 Meeting:12/21/09 No assets! Discharged: 5/24/10
                10/2010:EQUIFAX: 589, TRANSUNION: 644, EXPERIAN: 591

Comment

Originally posted by prettyobk View Post
                  I got the $300 limit with Cap 1 as well. They are far more reputable than Aspire and First Premier. I wouldn't ever get another First Premier card again.
                  Me either. We filed several 1st premier cards under our chapter 7. Pretty much anyone can get approved for them, and when my husband was out on unemployment the offers were just to enticing for us. We learned our lesson well from then. We are going to get no more than 2 CC's this time around, and that's it. Our goal is to buy a home in 2 yrs., and I do not want anything messing that up for us.
                  Chapter 7 filed 2/26/2010
                  341 meeting 4/18/2010
                  Discharged 6/14/2010-On our way back up the ladder from a rough patch.
                  FICO score goal by June 2011:720+

Comment

Anyone heard of the Rush Card?
                    Maybe it's earlier in this thread, but I got an ad for it.

Here is a copy/paste

Created by Russell Simmons in 2003, the RushCard and BabyPhat RushCard were designed to give everyone access to mainstream financial services. RushCard is offered to the 40+ million U.S. consumers who do not have established credit or traditional banking relationships.
                    RushCard gives consumers an alternative to "traditional" checking accounts and access to convenient money management, including:
                    - Online Bill Pay
                    - FREE Paycheck, Benefits check, Tax refund Direct Deposit
                    - FREE Credit Builder
                    - FREE Account Text Alerts
                    - FREE Interactive Money Management Interface

Comment

I have it but I am not sure how the credit builder work.

Comment

Hooters Mastercard

Originally posted by damooster View Post
                        I applied for a Hooters Master Card four days ago and just received it in the mail. Scores in low 600's.
                        I am suprised this card is not discussed more. I too was approved not long ago for 1k with them.

Jim
                        Filed January 13, 2010
                        341 Meeting Febraury 20, 2010
                        Discharge April 21, 2010

Comment

Which card are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by mstomica View Post
                            Which card are you referring to?
                            I am referring to the Hooters Mastercard issued by Merrick Bank.

Jim
                            Filed January 13, 2010
                            341 Meeting Febraury 20, 2010
                            Discharge April 21, 2010

Comment

Yes, I love my hooters card... it is one of the best deals I got about 3-4 months after discharge.

Comment

Target Cards Discontinued

We will be 2 years post CH7 this August. We waited a year before applying for credit cards and now have Capitol One, Orchard, and a credit union car loan.

I did some calling around for a mortgage just 2 years post CH7 and was told that we will qualify after 3 years [we had a foreclosure] but they will want to see four lines of credit managed sucessfully for a year.

I was looking for another line of credit to add and, when I checked on their site, read that Target has discontinued their Credit Card offerings.

Just put in an online app for a WalMart Card.

By the way: we don't use these cards for anything except teeny automatic charges, like our Netflix account. That way we don't get into trouble and it establishes credit. They actually never leave the house! It's funny, we only ever had ONE single credit card before BK! Go figure...

Kingfisher
                                FICO this month: 683

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X