top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will chase close an acount after it expires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will chase close an acount after it expires?

i bankrupted on chase 4 yrs ago and when wamu switched to chase i recieved a new card that expires next yr. i pay my bills on time and more then the minimum each month. i will not be charging again on it. i was wondering if they can close the account after it expieres because i have bankruptcy listed. i applyed for a boa card and was rejeted because of my bankruptcy

Only time will tell if they do. I am assuming you were able to obtain your WAMU card after your discharge and have been pristine with your account since inception. That will work to your advantage in the long run to prevent Chase from cancelling it at expiration or prior. A creditor can cancel a card/account at any time for any reason (read that great small print in the paperwork/brochures you were given when you opened the account). Chase is not a BK friendly creditor so you will have to wait and see.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Violet
        Just so you know, I'm in the same boat as you. My Wamu Petssmart card (now Chase) expires 10/11. Gives me a couple years out, but we'll see what they do.....................
        You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

I too am in the same position. I have two WAMU cards. One with a $5,000 CL and one with a $7,000. Mine where opened in 2005 with Providian. My Ch 7 BK was in 2003.

Chase does not issue or allow any cards where the customer has a BK so they may end up closing all of us. Only time will tell.
          9/2003 FICO scores TU 498, EX 525, EQ 505 (discharge date)

2/2009 FICO scores TU 749, EX 739, EQ 676

Comment

I have a low 1000 CL on my Chase card.I will not be requesting a CLI anytime in the next few years. I want to stay under the radar and hopefully keep the card for rebuilding purposes.
            I charge about $50-$90/mo on it every month and pay in full when I get my statement.

K
            You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

I agree, to apply for a CLI is a sure way to get your account terminated.

Comment

thanx everyone for the help...im hoping to keep it open because it is my oldest card since i filed ch. 7 in 2005

it is from 07
                kays is from 08
                and i just got a cap one. if anything i will rebuild with cap one

Comment

I now have 13 credit cards. If I lose my two Chase cards oh well. I will miss them but what can you do?

I do not think at this point that my FICO scores will go down any as I will still have my other 11 cards.

Comment

Originally posted by violetuniverse View Post
                    and i just got a cap one. if anything i will rebuild with cap one
                    Don't think I have much hope for Cap One, since I BK'd on them

Comment

I included Capital one in my BK in 2003 for $7500.

In 2006 they sent me a pre approved credit card offer, I sent it in and a new card arrived from then with a $3550 CL so you never know.

Comment

Yup, I have heard that. If they sent me a "pre-approval offer", I'd bite, but otherwise and until that time, I'll just let sleeping dogs lie

K

Comment

Got my new Chase card (same account number as former WAMU Pets Card) over the weekend. Expiration date extended out an additional year....all other terms the same.

Anyone else?

K

Comment

i got a chase chard with my same expieration date as my wamu. i dunno what it means. so when i pay them off i guess im done w it. why do i want to use a card if they are just going to close it due to a bk? it expieres 4/10

Comment

Originally posted by violetuniverse View Post
                              i got a chase chard with my same expieration date as my wamu. i dunno what it means. so when i pay them off i guess im done w it. why do i want to use a card if they are just going to close it due to a bk? it expieres 4/10
                              4/10 is a year away. Who says they won't issue a new card then?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X