Credit Reports STILL not correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Reports STILL not correct

These geniuses have accounts that I closed and paid off satisfactorily long before I filed BK are now reporting then 0IIB!!. I keep disputing and disputing, but am getting nowhere. These 'creditors' showed up on my matrix with 0 dollars owing, and I know many of those on the matrix were closed accounts.

So now what do I do?? I keep disputing, soon they're going to call my disputes 'frivolous' (had that happen once before)

This is so frustrating

Go to this site and check out the credit repair forum www.creditinfocenter.com

It is free and has a lot of specific knowledge - look for the 1 - 2 punch (where you notify the CRA first and then the OC/CA). Yes, what they are doing is a violation - you can collect if they will not correct.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

How do I 'collect' on it?? By hiring an attorney and suing them??

Is there a gov't agency to report this kind of activity to??

They're killing me. The comments clearly state 'closed by consumer' and yet, they have them included in BK?? I can't 'close' an account if I have a balance owing. DUUH! How stupid can they get?

This is my 4th attempt to get this cleaned up.
      Last edited by BK2008; 04-04-2009, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I joined www.myFico.com

You pull your credit reports through Myfico. They will then write your dispute letters for you. You just print them and mail them off.

That is how I had over 40 accounts included in my BK removed. They are worth the small fee they charge to pull the reports and scores. The letters are free.

Today I have on my TU just one account included in BK and the BK

On EX I have 2 accounts included in the BK and the BK

On EQ I have NO ACCOUNTS left from included in the BK Just the BK itself.

When I wrote the letters myself NOTHING. When MyFico wrote them I had great results.

They just wrote letters for me to have inquiries removed. I just mailed them off on tuesday.

My best results where always through MyFico. GoFigure.
        9/2003 FICO scores TU 498, EX 525, EQ 505 (discharge date)

2/2009 FICO scores TU 749, EX 739, EQ 676

Comment

Thanks I just pulled my credit reports for the other 2 and again, there are errors, but not as many as I addressed back in January. I will make one more attempt, try your method. In the meantime, how much did it cost, if I could ask??

What gets me is, I no sooner clear up one batch of things, then comes another. I would have to literraly monitor each one month, and that gets pricey. So I try and do it quarterly. But even then, it costs money to clean up THEIR screwups

Comment

Originally posted by GoFigure View Post
            I joined www.myFico.com

You pull your credit reports through Myfico. They will then write your dispute letters for you. You just print them and mail them off.

That is how I had over 40 accounts included in my BK removed. They are worth the small fee they charge to pull the reports and scores. The letters are free.

Today I have on my TU just one account included in BK and the BK

On EX I have 2 accounts included in the BK and the BK

On EQ I have NO ACCOUNTS left from included in the BK Just the BK itself.

When I wrote the letters myself NOTHING. When MyFico wrote them I had great results.

They just wrote letters for me to have inquiries removed. I just mailed them off on tuesday.

My best results where always through MyFico. GoFigure.
            Do you understand what is going on as to that? Because you disputed the items, they are temporarily removed from your credit reports until the disputes are resolved and they will then reappear after being verified with the creditor. They are not "removed" for good. We went through the same thing also and everything reappeared after about 90 days changed; some correct some incorrect.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by BK2008 View Post
              These geniuses have accounts that I closed and paid off satisfactorily long before I filed BK are now reporting then 0IIB!!. I keep disputing and disputing, but am getting nowhere. These 'creditors' showed up on my matrix with 0 dollars owing, and I know many of those on the matrix were closed accounts.

So now what do I do?? I keep disputing, soon they're going to call my disputes 'frivolous' (had that happen once before)

This is so frustrating
              We went through the same thing. Unfortunately, to this day we just cannot figure out who the CRA's have working for them because I have never seen such incompetency in my life as to disputing items with a CRA and having the information input correctly, even massive mispellings. We too had the situation above and what you have to do is first dispute with the CRA's. If they do not change your former accounts not included in bankruptcy back to what they were reporting prevoiusly, you need to contact the creditor directlly. We had former paid off acounts in good standing changed after we filed to show they were included in our bankruptcy. Now how can one put a paid off account that was paid off 2 years prior to filing and closed in an active bankruptcy procedure? Note you will get these items changed but unfortunately in several months they can go back to the old bad information. We had that occur to us a few times over the past couple years since discharge. Note we are 2 1/2 years past discharge and we still dispute information now and then that has shown up correctly but then gets changed again. The only thing you can do is be diligent with your credit reports and check them often and dispute as needed.

Thankfully it will be 7 years this month since our chapte 13 filing and all BK items will be coming off. We are awaiting until the end of April to again pull all three reports and start the process of ensuring all is removed. Somehow I feel it is not going to be an easy task just due to all the past problems we have been through with all three CRA's since we filed bankruptcy.

Comment

What is annoying the *** out of me, is I have accounts that are reporting 0IIB, and I just used the thing last month to the tune of $500 for an auto repair! And I called the creditor and they have NO IDEA why this is happening. And I know this was fixed a month ago on all three, two of them are reporting correctly, the third one...not sure.
                It's just a never ending cycle, and now I have to go thru experian separate, which is by far the worst of the 3. EVERYTHING is screwed up.

I think to some extent it is the attorney's fault, because when they pull your credit to do the matrix, they pull EVERYTHING. And just list it, regardless of whether the account is closed or not So as far as credit reports after the BK, the attorneys fall short of accuracy in that respect. Because the CRA's look at the matrix, which is WRONG to begain with. I asked my attny about the 0 accounts, told 'don't worry about it'. HA! It is not HIM having to do the aftercleanup.

In 10 years, I will be able to file BK again...because I went broke trying to clean up credit reports!

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post

Thankfully it will be 7 years this month since our chapte 13 filing and all BK items will be coming off. We are awaiting until the end of April to again pull all three reports and start the process of ensuring all is removed. Somehow I feel it is not going to be an easy task just due to all the past problems we have been through with all three CRA's since we filed bankruptcy.
                  Get out your discharge papers, you'll probably have to do the math for them.
                  Year 2002+7=2009. They will probably argue its supposed to be on record for 10

Comment

Originally posted by BK2008 View Post
                    Get out your discharge papers, you'll probably have to do the math for them.
                    Year 2002+7=2009. They will probably argue its supposed to be on record for 10
                    Some things have already come off but I hear ya - and am prepared...note also that since our discharge in 8/06, some creditors have switched us to filing Chapter 7 from Chaper 13, even though they were reporting Chapter 13 normally for years...it's awful - one just has to be prudent and stay on top of things and realize this stuff occurs and clean it up as it happens. Do NOT clean up online - clean up via snail mail and send things certified.

Note to those 7 to 10 years after discharge - make sure you have the BK information removed under the public records section in your credit reports and also removed your personal statement if you have one about your BK in any of your credit reports.

Comment

One other thing...does Utilities that are include in BK stay for the full 10 years?? I heard in my state, the SOL is 2, but maybe that is only for collection issues?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X