top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexington Law To Clean Up Credit one year after Chapter 7 Filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexington Law To Clean Up Credit one year after Chapter 7 Filing?

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and had a question regarding Lexington Law firm. It has been one year since I filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy. I have hired Lexington Law to work on cleaning up my report by disputing various items on my report with the three credit bureaus. My question is is this a good way to start the credit repairing process if I do not have the time to do it myself? Also is there any other steps that I should be taking to proactively increase my score? (i.e. secured credit cards)

Thanks

NO. Do it yourself. There are a host of reasons why you need to do it yourself - especially if you think you don't have the time to manage your own credit report. In the end, Lexington Law Firm will do more to hurt you than help you. That goes for any of those 'credit clean up firms'. The only way to effectively control your own credit is to monitor and correct it yourself. JMO.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I agree with Starting Over. It's really not that time consuming and it's best done yourself.
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

So is it that Lexington Law will do nothing for cleaning up my credit report? Has anybody had a positive expierience with them post Chapter 7 filing?

Also is there a way to get a credit report with all three bureaus so that I can review it?

Lastly, does it make a difference whether the any particular account reads "included in bankruptcy"? Do you have to contact the individual creditors that are not recording properly to get them to update things that were in the bankruptcy?

Comment

Originally posted by dcarollolaw View Post
          So is it that Lexington Law will do nothing for cleaning up my credit report? Has anybody had a positive expierience with them post Chapter 7 filing?

Also is there a way to get a credit report with all three bureaus so that I can review it?

Lastly, does it make a difference whether the any particular account reads "included in bankruptcy"? Do you have to contact the individual creditors that are not recording properly to get them to update things that were in the bankruptcy?
          you are allowed 1 free credit report each year (with all three bureaus) .. I'm not sure if i can give out the name, so just google it and listen to startingover08, do it yourself !!
          Filed on 7-17-09
          waiting for 341
          341 meeting 8-21-09
          discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

It is true that it is something you can do yourself, however it is time consuming. I had a really good experience with Lexington. Be prepared to be a member for at least a year to get good results. I used them one year and increased all three scores more than 100 pts.
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X